Electronic ingtion to points

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so in the 360 swap I am going from a 73 duster /6 ele ingtion to the 360 points for now(will get MSD setup when I get the funds)What wire will I need to run the points.

1---First try this----When you get the car close to "alive" turn the key to run and try grounding one or the other of the distributor pickup coil leads. I'm referring, here, to leaving the ECU all hooked up ala /6. If it generates a spark, and it should, just hook your points dist to that terminal.

2--If for some reason that does not work, you can leave the ECU in place. Simply unplug the ECU connector, hook everything up as it was on the /6, including the original ballast resistor, but leave the old coil NEG wire unhooked. Hook your points dist. instead to the coil NEG and you should be all set.

Keep in mind you MUST have a good condenser (capacitor) in the distributor to work, and "new" does not mean "good."

1---First try this----When you get the car close to "alive" turn the key to run and try grounding one or the other of the distributor pickup coil leads. I'm referring, here, to leaving the ECU all hooked up ala /6. If it generates a spark, and it should, just hook your points dist to that terminal.

2--If for some reason that does not work, you can leave the ECU in place. Simply unplug the ECU connector, hook everything up as it was on the /6, including the original ballast resistor, but leave the old coil NEG wire unhooked. Hook your points dist. instead to the coil NEG and you should be all set.

Keep in mind you MUST have a good condenser (capacitor) in the distributor to work, and "new" does not mean "good."

Ok tanks

-
Back