Elk Tamales

-
I haven't got an Elk for 6 years, but me neighbor is always making tamales out of something. Mystery meat LOL

Never have tried Elk but I eat anything that is put in front of me. I still got he welts from my parents knocking the chitt out of me when I was a kid for not clearing my plate......I clean every plate to where you don't even need to wash it! haaaaaaaa:-D

Never have tried Elk but I eat anything that is put in front of me. I still got he welts from my parents knocking the chitt out of me when I was a kid for not clearing my plate......I clean every plate to where you don't even need to wash it! haaaaaaaa:-D
A former co-worker shot an elk a few years back. He wanted tamales so my wife had him and his girl friend come over and we made tamales from a mix of Elk and beef brisket.......best damn tamales I have ever had...

Good idea very tasty:)

Done that and green chilli is best IMOP:)

A former co-worker shot an elk a few years back. He wanted tamales so my wife had him and his girl friend come over and we made tamales from a mix of Elk and beef brisket.......best damn tamales I have ever had...

Damn that sounds really good. The Meat Fat on the Brisket probably is the winning combination on those KILLER TAMALES.

I was raised the same way, Mad Dart! You ate everything on your plate without question.
Still bothers me because my wife always leaves a dab of something on her plate - says "it's the polite thing to do".

Those elk tamales sound wonderful! We get elk 'beefsticks' at Bass Pro Shops - not nearly as greasy as normal beefsticks.

I would rather eat elk meat than beef. Hunting them is even better. Here is a few bulls that I have tagged over the years. :-D

Attachments

• Idaho bull web.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Grant's 360.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 109
  • John's Fugly Elk.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Utah Bull.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 101
I love Elk meat way over venison or beef but have problems killing these creatures so I am at the mercy of a few friends who bring me meat gifts like steaks, chopped meat and jerky ( jerky - actually Elk and Bear )
I see a lot of animals on the property and as long as they don't bother me, I won't kill them as I am always armed and dangerous.

I am not against hunting at all but all the time and energy hunting would be wasted because I mainly juice and don't believe juicing an animal would be that tasty

Mmmm, love all wild game.

Dad was a hunter, so we usually got something good each year. Moose, Elk, Caribou, Venison, it's all mighty tasty.

Here's a local Elk that a co-worker took down last year over near Gibson's.

Attachments

• Elk.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 114
I have never went hunting. My neighbors hunting buddy, when he goes south of here, recently passed away. My neighbor has asked me if I would be interested in going with him next year. I very well might go with him, might be an interesting experience.....

Wife went down and helped them process the meat, Jim has been hunting for 40 years so he knows how to process it. Wife has a picture of here holding up the head, when she emails it to me I will post it. We were reminded by our neighbors that my wife will be down there training them on tamale making. At least the mess will not be here this year!!!!

-
Back