Email question?

-

mopwr2004a

low slung chassis
Reaction score
I have a computer question to those that mght know. When you go to respond to a advertisement in a website like Craigslist or a Business my computer always opens Outlook Express which I dont use, how do you make it open the email system you use, I only use Yahoo for email, and my operating system is XP

All I do is "copy and paste" the Craigs link into an open "new message" form, so you "right click" on the address and select "copy" -----you may need to highlight the thing.

You don't even NEED an "in computer" email program, and it's a LOT safer so far as viruses and bugs

I have email at my primary provider (Time Warner) is roadrunner.com, at yahoo.com, Gmail, and a couple of others I seldom use.

EVERY ONE of these I access online known as "web based email."

My primary provider used to be Adelphia.net, now Time Warner. Even when changing the suffiix from @Adelfia.*** to @Roadrunner.com, I had a certain amount of stored emails online. I "send myself" my bookmarks and email addresses, and that's a handy place to park them. They've been there for YEARS now with no glitches

i copy and paste the link into my compose message with my gmail account open in a different window so that all my messages leave my mailbox. i dont mess with any computer born email service

i copy and paste the link into my compose message with my gmail account open in a different window so that all my messages leave my mailbox. i dont mess with any computer born email service

X2. I lost my emails due to the computer storing them now only net stored emails for me.

you need to go into Internet Explorer ..click on tools at the top...look for a tab with programs...you can change the default email program in there...

Unless you follow the instructions for installing the "Yahoo mail plugin" you will have to copy and paste addresses into Yahoo.
The reason Outlook opens is because in Windows it is currently the default email program. (Thanks to MS Office)
"Program Defaults" are ONLY for programs installed in your computer, and changing those will not help.
You can however set up MS Outlook Express (or any other mail program) and THEN you can click a link and cause an outgoing email to come up.
Yea, heres an article about how to do it for Yahoo Mail.
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpressfreemail/qt/Free_Yahoo_Mail_Outlook_Expres.htm

OH, and btw, outlook express is built into win xp already.
For most people Outlook is to complicated to set up. (Most)

I do this **** for a living, so if you need help with it I can give you the info you need.

you need to go into Internet Explorer ..click on tools at the top...look for a tab with programs...you can change the default email program in there...

-
Back