Emailed Edelbrock about their Victor340 issues

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And got a very quick response that she is off today. Just wanted to see if they addressed the mislocated bolt hole issues. Got another older one today to port and it lines up great.

179C51C2-E7C2-45C2-B889-CAE8C730BC48.jpeg

2AB445C7-0B5F-49C8-8CF5-A01D221433D2.jpeg

8AC921E1-ADE8-469D-9076-5C3BEE5CC6C1.jpeg

I have a brand new one coming direct from Edelbrock. I'm curious to see if they fixed it.

I bought one around three years ago, and it fit great.
Sad to hear how the quality went down.

I Would feel safe betting they never done anything to fix the problem but i hope i'm wrong . i need a good single plane in the near future , i have a strip dominator i may need to use it but never heard much about them .

I Would feel safe betting they never done anything to fix the problem but i hope i'm wrong . i need a good single plane in the near future , i have a strip dominator i may need to use it but never heard much about them .
I have a strip dominator as well that I was contemplating using. Wondering if they have as much potential as some of the other single planes?

I’m trying my hardest guys as I know how good this intake can be. If you only lose a few cfm with a ported intake on it’s a dog gone good intake. So far she’s been on top of getting right back to me.

The strip dominator is a dated BUT a very good intake manifold.
It’s no slouch. If you have it now and want to get up and going while the Victor is back ordered, go for it.

Years back when Holley got into the intake manifold game, they set out to do their best and they did just that killing the competition back in the day. After some time passed, MoPar decided to have their own line of intakes and basically ripped off the Holley intake but with improvements. MoPar claimed 10 hp better. Believe them or not.

For a look into how good the M1 is remembering it’s a slightly improved copy of the Holley, search John’s threads where he tested and then ported my own M1 with air flow test results.

John had some good words about the M1 so the Holley can’t be to far behind it.

Better yet, click below;

Some M1 porting pictures and flow numbers

With that said, the Victor is a better deal and ports out better IIRC. John has threads on how his port work performed on the stock and ported Victor.

I’m trying my hardest guys as I know how good this intake can be. If you only lose a few cfm with a ported intake on it’s a dog gone good intake. So far she’s been on top of getting right back to me.
They are terribly offset to one side. I've had cut the intake gasket common wall .060 each side and then matched the port windows. Its narrow but it seals if the machining is right. Alwaysbeen bugged by that. Like why 40 yrs ago and how is it not corrected by 2023.

I finally ordered a set of the Edelbrock 7276 gaskets @pittsburghracer uses and compared the ports on the Victor 340 intakes I have here. On the original box, one has a Lot date of 8/25/20 and the other has a lot date of 8/26/20 and both of these line up perfectly with the Edelbrock gasket. I am pretty sure on those lot dates. There is an imperfection in the printing of the bar code and date making it harder to read on both.

Just adding to this post for more info.

-
Back