Engine Builder Missed These

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, the Demon was almost ready to fire so decided to pour some water in and just pressure test the cooling system and fix any little leaks first.

Surprise..............:sad8:

Did I mention I just love cars......LOL

WOW how did they miss that? Not really something little.
Good luck with the fix
Bruce

Toby, Agreed........But I sure wish we noticed it before the engine was installed. #-o

Sure would have saved a bunch of time..............

Makes you wonder just how trust worthy is this engine builder. My Dad always told me if you want somthing done right , you might as well do it yourself. That way when you screw up you can only blame yourself, and you wont do it again. Now I know its not lady like but I think someone needs a butt kicking!!!lol. By the way... Merry Christmas!

Oh jeez. Have you contacted him yet?

Yes ....Called him shortly after seeing the water pouring out from between the engine & trans.

He was sorry and said to let him know what was found after the trans was pulled.......

:sad9: Pulling the tranny was alot of work. Just me and my helper....LOL

If you haven't already make sure that he didn't forget the little oil galley plug as well.

100_3031.jpg

I had one main cap bolt missing when i got my block back from the machine shop...low oil pressure of my engine sure makes me think the 'crank turning' isn't so "true"...

Makes you wonder just how trust worthy is this engine builder. My Dad always told me if you want somthing done right , you might as well do it yourself. That way when you screw up you can only blame yourself, and you wont do it again. Now I know its not lady like but I think someone needs a butt kicking!!!lol. By the way... Merry Christmas!

Thanks C......Yep, feel a bit of blame/shame here....not noticing those huge holes while the engine was on the stand and being painted.

Can only do certain things ourselves and pay others in good faith to do "their specialty". :-\"

No butt kicking here.....he's a good guy overall......and will do his best to make it up.

Thanks for your input............Merry Christmas to you & yours.......

Thanks C......Yep, feel a bit of blame/shame here....not noticing those huge holes while the engine was on the stand and being painted.

Can only do certain things ourselves and pay others in good faith to do "their specialty". :-\"

No butt kicking here.....he's a good guy overall......and will do his best to make it up.

Thanks for your input............Merry Christmas to you & yours.......

Ah **** happens, but ya might want to drop the pan and have a look around, ya never now, have a restful sleep tonight, NOT .:-D:-D:-D

Terry

If you haven't already make sure that he didn't forget the little oil galley plug as well.

:thumleft: Yep checked this plug with a flashlight before stabbing the distributor after reading info here.

Thx for asking......

Ah **** happens, but ya might want to drop the pan and have a look around, ya never now, have a restful sleep tonight, NOT .:-D:-D:-D

Terry

Ah....thx Terry......:sleepy2:

.........................:sleepy2:

........................:sleepy2:

.................................:sleepy2:

:shock: ..........LOL

Back to fingers and toes crossed.

also check where the oil filter adapter goes onto the block...there is a screw in plug that goes there too...

also check where the oil filter adapter goes onto the block...there is a screw in plug that goes there too...

If you pull the filter and the plate to check this one (sounds like a good idea)you can also drill 4 extra holes in the oil filter plate inbetween the 4 stock holes. This just helps the flow of oil in and out of the filter. It isn't needed but it's something I do on all my motors just because it is quick and easy.

Someone needs too.......................................

"**** happens"..sorry something as simple as that should NOT happen,if it were my motor i'd tear the whole thing down and check everything!!!

picture proofs engine was painted with the engine on a engine stand and i can see why those two freeze plugs were the last thing to do to the block.

my motor is currently on a engine stand, and that closest freeze plug is all i have to install which i cant get to yet.

you really should have caught that before tranny install.

good luck.

....Did you pay him to build that motor?

Yes, paid him just like any other customer of his shop. $$$

What I don't understand is how those 2 plugs got missed. Thought they came in the rebuild kit......which he purchased & installed.......:-k

-
Back