engine color also on trans ?

-

modracerx

Reaction score
did any of the automatic duster's have there trans painted same as the motor from the factory ?

If they came down the line bolted together, I would say yes, but not on purpose.

I was told if I painted the trans, it would be frowned upon by "real" Mopar guys at shows. Said no Mopars ever had the transmissions painted. Bare aluminum
Myself, I don't car what anyone else think "should" be done on my car, so I painted the trans black. Easier to keep clean too

Don't know if they ever did, but I doubt they would waste the time and paint on aluminum case. What about the pan color?

Motors came from one factory painted, trans came from another, bare. Put together then raised up into the car. I dont think even overspray would be possible.

I was told if I painted the trans, it would be frowned upon by "real" Mopar guys at shows. Said no Mopars ever had the transmissions painted. Bare aluminum

I was told the same thing by a member here who has published articles on the 727, so we left mine raw aluminum. The pan is aftermarket and is painted black.

39E3C2BA-6F11-4240-A0D7-5F2D2E938365_zpsafnfjnwg.jpg

I wanted to stay with raw aluminum, but could not clean it to my satisfaction. Tried Simple Green and Purple Power, pressure washed - still looked stained. Beading or wire brushing didn't look right either. I wish I would have tried some spray on wheel cleaner... Ended up I decided to paint mine using Rustoleum spray bombs - Aluminum primer, aluminum color coat and top coated with low gloss clear engine enamal to reduce the sheen a bit. Pan painted same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 164
I wanted to stay with raw aluminum, but could not clean it to my satisfaction.

Same here. The picture I posted above was after sitting in a heated parts washer for three hours. It was clean enough to eat off of, but I couldn't get rid of the stains.

20131114_071803_zps8ca1360f.jpg

Best trans cleaner I've seen is EasyOff oven cleaner and water. May not get all the stains either, but does a pretty good job.

I doubt it.

The engines are painted at the engine factory...

The bodies are painted bare at the car assembly plant...

After it comes out of the paint shop and the engines are dropped in, then the radiators.

Any over-spray paint on a radiator should be from a repair...

-
Back