Engine color Red or blue????

-
A1912A8F-7ED3-4189-ADC6-221EC931DE37.jpeg
Today epoxy primer white! Tomorrow Chrysler Blue!

White is good, any leaks will stand out. Optimally, I would love to do my engine compartment white so even a crappy 60 watt drop light will give enough light to work with.
now there`s an idea ! Woud look like hell after it got dirty tho .

In my opinion an engine should be colour coded to be the engine year built colour...blue looks good to me.
But if you have a 340 for example, they came in red, blue, orange, and green/turquoise. And not much rhyme or reason as to what year was what color. Then what do you do? Pick your favorite?

red matches the 340 pie tin call out. I think some OLD dodge slant blocks were yellow in trucks.

I agree....I purchased a can of VHT hemi-orange and yuk! Looks like a jack-o-lantern.

VHT hemi orange is nowhere near real hemi orange. I know because I bought some to touch up my motor before installing and it was way different then the original hemi orange. If you want real hemi orange paint buy the Mopar hemi orange paint that they sell at the parts department at any Dodge dealer.

VHT hemi orange is nowhere near real hemi orange. I know because I bought some to touch up my motor before installing and it was way different then the original hemi orange. If you want real hemi orange paint buy the Mopar hemi orange paint that they sell at the parts department at any Dodge dealer.
You know there are 2 different oranges, right? "Hemi Orange" is that pastel pumpkin-looking color. Used on the old stuff, probably pre-'69 or so. The brighter color is "Street Hemi Orange", which is what all the Hi-Po engines were painted from '69 sometime on up.

You know there are 2 different oranges, right? "Hemi Orange" is that pastel pumpkin-looking color. Used on the old stuff, probably pre-'69 or so. The brighter color is "Street Hemi Orange", which is what all the Hi-Po engines were painted from '69 sometime on up.

Absolutely. There is race hemi orange and street hemi orange. Neither one are close to the VHT hemi orange.

Black here, how my dad did it, how I do it. I say paint it what ever you want, it's your motor.

20180531_164212.jpg

-
Back