Engine diaper

-

MoparPalm

Reaction score
Was just informed at my local track I need a engine diaper this season. Does anyone know of any universal ones that would fit. It's a 72 Duster with a 440. Oil pan is a milodon 31010. Car has spool mounts and fender well headers. Thanks

Was just informed at my local track I need a engine diaper this season. Does anyone know of any universal ones that would fit. It's a 72 Duster with a 440. Oil pan is a milodon 31010. Car has spool mounts and fender well headers. Thanks

How much room do you have around your engine. I have one I bought off Tom Hemphill years ago that I never used. It’s big but you can have it for free.

If you aren’t interested in this one the ones Greg sells are really nice. I paid a little more for the heat resistant one as mine is right on my headers. Probably over five years old.

If you aren’t interested in this one the ones Greg sells are really nice. I paid a little more for the heat resistant one as mine is right on my headers. Probably over five years old.
I have quite a bit of room with the fender well headers. Might be interested in that one. Never dealt with one so I have no idea how they mount or anything. I'm assuming I'll have to pull the engine?

I have quite a bit of room with the fender well headers. Might be interested in that one. Never dealt with one so I have no idea how they mount or anything. I'm assuming I'll have to pull the engine?

You shouldn’t have to. Two guys make it a lot easier especially if you still have the k member. Mine hooks onto my header studs. Two on each side. I’m right outside of Freeport if you want to get this one. I’ll send you pictures tomorrow.

You shouldn’t have to. Two guys make it a lot easier especially if you still have the k member. Mine hooks onto my header studs. Two on each side. I’m right outside of Freeport if you want to get this one. I’ll send you pictures tomorrow.
That would be awesome John. Thank you

My guy….

E55D8759-BDBC-481A-8B8E-296E54374AAB.jpeg

How fast is fast enough to need a diaper?

Derek texted me last night about this. I can't find anything in the wdra rulebook about it. They told him 6.99 or faster 1/8th. Here is all I could find in the book.

Screenshot_20230512-182721.png

Derek texted me last night about this. I can't find anything in the wdra rulebook about it. They told him 6.99 or faster 1/8th. Here is all I could find in the book.

View attachment 1716089248

Not sure if it’s still that way but a track can require it. My son Matt was required to put one on years ago. His car ran 6.54 and Greg told him to put one on, so he did. Honestly it a great rule and my save your car someday.

Not sure if it’s still that way but a track can require it. My son Matt was required to put one on years ago. His car ran 6.54 and Greg told him to put one on, so he did. Honestly it a great rule and my save your car someday.
I'm sure it definitely a good thing. How's the one Greg sale's? I would have to get a heat resistant one because my passenger side header is basically against the oil pan.

I'm sure it definitely a good thing. How's the one Greg sale's? I would have to get a heat resistant one because my passenger side header is basically against the oil pan.

Matt is running the yellow heat resistant one because of the K member and 1 7/8 Hedmen headers. I am running the heat resistant one because I’m running the Hedmen headers. I think I bought a black non heat resistant one from him for my big block blue duster. I’ll check today and post up some pictures. I think I have a kidney stone that wants to move so I’m moving a little slowly this morning.

I totally understand the reason behind them and have no issue putting one on just wish I would have known before when the car was sitting all winter. Now with work all week I'm probably going to miss next two races.

I totally understand the reason behind them and have no issue putting one on just wish I would have known before when the car was sitting all winter. Now with work all week I'm probably going to miss next two races.

If you buy one or take the one I offered show him the receipt or diaper and I’m sure Greg will understand. Greg isn’t making any money on the ones he offers and usually sticks several models. I’ll get those pictures soon.

I agree with John, I think Nhra has a speed spec, but the individual tracks can require a diaper at whatever point they want.
The trick is keeping the track clean, and the racers safe, without driving too many of them away with safety rules.

If you buy one or take the one I offered show him the receipt or diaper and I’m sure Greg will understand. Greg isn’t making any money on the ones he offers and usually sticks several models. I’ll get those pictures soon.
They let me run last night but told me I need to get one on. I don't know if they would let me go for next two points races then get it on when we get a weekend off

They required me to get one at Epping and I went with a DRE custom one.

They let me run last night but told me I need to get one on. I don't know if they would let me go for next two points races then get it on when we get a weekend off

Ok buddy here’s some pictures of the free one. Never used, never tried on, instructions never opened. A lot more tie off spots on this one as I only have two per side that I have going to my front an rear header studs. I’m kinda surprised there aren’t D rings and I’m far behind today so I didn’t have a lot of time to study it. As you can see it’s heat resistant and thinner than I thought. I poked a couple extra holes on mine so I could tie it up around the block some. They are pretty fussy about that.

D04150AD-0968-4546-A11B-6C6614E9AB18.jpeg

9FEF3B9B-A43F-4561-A555-242DF0464808.jpeg

64A55B70-5911-42B6-BDD9-27A0ECF96814.jpeg

0CBEA6D5-A55B-42B7-9C5C-1313BAD9C12C.jpeg

0315F068-339B-4C85-8326-8638A63EECB6.jpeg

3FDAF2A6-466F-4BDB-87A8-4F39BE90DE35.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the one I bought from Greg for my big block duster. Notice the D rings. Probably very easy to find if you wanted to set the free one with them. I bought a quick disconnect for my helmet from Gatto cycle shop.

6ED66AB9-2F11-4A47-AA0A-F2E365DC5187.jpeg

AB32D414-6BDB-4F3F-8CCE-8B6EB967EE9E.jpeg

0882ACCB-FEC9-468B-9168-B6389F26FB67.jpeg

-
Back