Engine Hard Starting After Days Of Rest

-
Had this problem with 383 magnum years ago . It turned out to be the fuel pump rod , it was worn out . if it did not catch and run on the first try you had to crank and crank before starting .

You have to use a "vane type " electric pump as a primer pump. I have a little one from Mr.Gasket on two of my Darts, mounted in the back on the frame rail with a sheet metal cover fabbed over them. After several days sitting I turn the switch on, hit the pump switch and count to 20 and then shut it off. Starts just like I had driven it the day before. I never use it except to prime the carb. No indication that it creates any undo restriction with the mechanical pump when it's off, but these are slightly warmed over street engines, not high horsepower or big displacement engines.

You have to use a "vane type " electric pump as a primer pump. I have a little one from Mr.Gasket on two of my Darts, mounted in the back on the frame rail with a sheet metal cover fabbed over them. After several days sitting I turn the switch on, hit the pump switch and count to 20 and then shut it off. Starts just like I had driven it the day before. I never use it except to prime the carb. No indication that it creates any undo restriction with the mechanical pump when it's off, but these are slightly warmed over street engines, not high horsepower or big displacement engines.
Could you please provide a link or P/N of the electric pump you used.
Thanks in advance

Mr. Gasket 12S Micro Electric Fuel Pump

(151)
th?id=A7bcb15dd3f77f3734bfe50400ba2a8e9&w=110&h=110&c=7&rs=2&qlt=80&o=6&dpr=1.jpg

Mr. Gasket Micro Electric Fuel Pumps eliminates vapor lock and flooding. Micro electric fuel pump works well as a fuel transfer pump and makes a great stand-alone or booster pump. It comes with a self-priming pump with simple two-wire design. Micro electric fuel pumps works on 12 volt …

Enhance your purchase
Brand: Mr. Gasket
Fit Type: Vehicle Specific
Item Dimensions LxWxH: 6.1 x 6.3 x 4 inches
Material: Polymer
Item Weight: 0.52 Kilograms
Technical Details
Manufacturer: Mr Gasket
Brand: Mr. Gasket
Item Weight: 1.14 pounds
Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 6.3 x 4 inches
Item model number: 12S