Engine identification

-

Ohio66Cuda

Reaction score
When I bought my 66 B'cuda the engine and transmission was replaced. The 273 w/auto was replaced with a 360 w/ auto. The information on the source for the engine is long forgotten/misplaced. I believe it was from a 72-75 Mopar.

Before I start sourcing parts for the car, mainly ignition, I would like to get more information on year etc. the engine was produced.

What is the best way to determine what I've got?

The casting date is cast into the side of the block as is the displacement on the opposite side. There is also an ID pad on the front of the drivers side of the block where the block meets the head. Dates are stamped there too. Attach a picture of what you have.

When I bought my 66 B'cuda the engine and transmission was replaced. The 273 w/auto was replaced with a 360 w/ auto. The information on the source for the engine is long forgotten/misplaced. I believe it was from a 72-75 Mopar.

Before I start sourcing parts for the car, mainly ignition, I would like to get more information on year etc. the engine was produced.

What is the best way to determine what I've got?

Read this thread and it will teach you how to decode the markings on your block....

How to ID a Small Block Engine Block:

take a razor and sctratch the paint off right under the driver head, it will have a code.
Mopar-340-Small-Block-VIN-Identification-Date.jpg

The casting date is cast into the side of the block as is the displacement on the opposite side. There is also an ID pad on the front of the drivers side of the block where the block meets the head. Dates are stamped there too. Attach a picture of what you have.
Taking pictures of an installed engine with all the other stuff was difficult. I've attached my best efforts but the drivers side ones are hard to read. Thanks for any help you or someone can provide

Driverside1.JPG

Driverside2.JPG

Passide1.JPG

Passide2.JPG

-
Back