Engine masters

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
dont know if you guys saw this, but they gained 90+ up and 40 lb of torque from port work on a 408.
Pretty neat!

dont know if you guys saw this, but they gained 90+ up and 40 lb of torque from port work on a 408.
Pretty neat!
I agree. For me, it wasn't a big surprise but really delightful to watch. No doubt. It is always great when you see a engine wake up like that.

Not to be a downer on anything, but, in one of the earlier episodes with the 372 Chevy and the battle of the stroker engines, you can see the results of better heads on the Ford & Chevy engines. So, predicting this type of outcome was t a surprise. It does prove Steve can port a head (as shown in many mag write ups) and the need for a good head up top increased cubic inch engines. Something most guys knew. The OOTB Edelbrock head is a good performer for about 365 cubes. Smaller engines bennifit from the head better.

It is a bit of a shame that a really decent head can cost a good bundle for us Chrysler guys. But if you pay the piper, performance can be obtained.

I do wonder what a nice solid lifter cam (roller or not) would do in that 408.

-
Back