Engine Mounts: Please help

-

1966DartGT

Reaction score
I am working on getting a slant 6 225 back into my Dart. I am trying to find the brackets that I need to bolt to motor back to the body.

I just got a nice running slant six but it came out of an A-100, and I bought my car with no motor and no brackets.

Now I am trying to find the engine brackets I will need to get the motor back in

Any one have any recomendations?

Thanks!
Drew

Welcome to FABO!

What year car? (I'm not going to assume a 66 because of your user name. Assuming has gotten me into trouble B4. lol) And have you confirmed that the car was originally a /6 and retains the /6 K member? Pics of the engine bay, specificly the K member would help especially if you suspect the K may have been swapped at some point.

I have a set that came off a '73 slant. They are for a spool mount K and you can have them if you can use them.

Welcome to FABO! I should have just about every version of the slant 6 motor mount brackets if the others don't. I'll just need to know year and model. You'll probably need the correct oil pan too. The A100 pans are different. You may also need a reducer bushing for the crank to match your convertor button. You just thought this was going to be easy didn't you?? Air cleaner, carb and linkage, kickdown linkage, etc. are all different between those models.

I got a 67 pass side if you need it, Cudamark probably has the set though. 64-66 K's need a certain pan and brackets.

Wow, you guys are so helpful. THANK YOU!!!!

Yes, Cudamark... I thought it would be easy..

I am nearly certain it was an orignal slant six car, I will take pics soon, car is 60 miles away in storage..

I am going to look at the mounts, transmission, carb, air cleaner assembly on a 65 Valiant.. would those work for me?

what should I get from that car? he is going to pull the whole slant 6 drivetrain and convert to 318.. I could buy the whole drivetrain if all of the parts would work.. I was gonna buy his motor but it smokes and knocks, so I bought the A100 engine instead.. Owner swears it runs very well, and said he would give me money back within 30 days if it isnt so. Thus, I am rushing to get it in soon (just picked it up this weekend on May 1st)

So should I stick with the "low mileage, great-running" A-100 motor and get the other parts off of a 65 Valiant, or try to get my money back for the A-100 engine and look for a different drivetrain altogether? Will it be too much work to make the A-100 engine work in a 1966 Dodge Dart GT?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!

I should add, the slant six came out of a 1967 A-100. I have the entire drivetrain from that van. Anyone want a 1967 A-100 transmission who is located in the Bay Area (California)?

I would only be using the engine

Thanks again.

-Drew

Wow, you guys are so helpful. THANK YOU!!!!

Yes, Cudamark... I thought it would be easy..

I am nearly certain it was an orignal slant six car, I will take pics soon, car is 60 miles away in storage..

I am going to look at the mounts, transmission, carb, air cleaner assembly on a 65 Valiant.. would those work for me?

what should I get from that car? he is going to pull the whole slant 6 drivetrain and convert to 318.. I could buy the whole drivetrain if all of the parts would work.. I was gonna buy his motor but it smokes and knocks, so I bought the A100 engine instead.. Owner swears it runs very well, and said he would give me money back within 30 days if it isnt so. Thus, I am rushing to get it in soon (just picked it up this weekend on May 1st)

So should I stick with the "low mileage, great-running" A-100 motor and get the other parts off of a 65 Valiant, or try to get my money back for the A-100 engine and look for a different drivetrain altogether? Will it be too much work to make the A-100 engine work in a 1966 Dodge Dart GT?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!
Most of the items you need can come from the '65 Valiant donor but the trans can't ...it's a cable shift with a flange type driveshaft and your car is a linkage shift with a slip yoke driveshaft. The A100 trans only fits an A100 and some of the P series step vans.

Thanks Cudamark, that makes sense. I dont know the condition of the original transmission in my '66 becuase I bought it sans drivetrain.

So far I got the oil pan, motor mounts, air cleaner, filter, breather assembly, radiator, torque converter from the '65.

Still searching for: throttle linkage, kickdown linkage, and alternator brackets

The '65 Dart I have been getting some parts from is missing the carb and all linkage and the alternator brackets.

If anyone has these parts available that would be awesome. Please let em know.

Thanks!
Drew

Do you have the alternator brackets from the A100? If you do, I have a set from a Valiant I would trade for them. Let me dig through some boxes. May have the linkage as well.

Do you have the alternator brackets from the A100? If you do, I have a set from a Valiant I would trade for them. Let me dig through some boxes. May have the linkage as well.

Yeah, I do have the A-100 brackets. That would have been the ideal trade. I already have the brackets on the way from Cudamark, but would be really happy to make a deal with you on the ones I have. Do you have a starter that would work on my '66 slant six Dart by any chance?

Where would you need them shipped to? Send me a PM if thats better for you.

Thanks!
Drew

Thanks to everyone who helped me out!! I have the engine mounts and brackets now and more needed parts too. I can't wait to get them installed.

-
Back