Engine Paint code 1968 225 slant ?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
Does anyone have a color code for a 68 225 slant /6 it looks orange or red I cant tell its worn it was in a 68 valiant 100

red until 70, then blue. or yellow for old trucks. Mopar Paint P4349218 or IH red.

The Mopar Performance paint is poor quality -- doesn't give good coverage/hide, and the red color is not a good match for the original. IH red is a better pick. I like the Martin-Senour brand.

More info on Slant-6 colors here.

i'd buy a can of whatever you decide is close enough to the right color. then i'd go to the paint shop and get them to match it in good paint. can get them pt put it in cans for ya or just buy a qt and spray away. a nice epoxy primer then a polyurathane top coat would look sweet and hold up very well..

I used Mopar's spray-bomb red, and BB turquoise, when the cans had direct connection on them. At first they appeared to be too light/bright, but months of heat cycle seasoning,
and they soon looked spot on. That was paint from the late '80's, haven't bought a can in 10yrs+ now, still have enuff for my planned projects yet.

I used the Valspar International Harvester Red. Did this motor with one can.
IMG_5864.JPG

Wow, that's pretty cool, including the code for the seldom-seen '60-'61 metallic turquoise. What book is this?

(…on the other hand, it shows only one orange when there are supposed to be two, and it doesn't have the code for the yellow, and some of the years are off)

Thanks Dan, the book is from Dupont Canada from 1983. Don't remember when and where I took it.....I bought a lot of catalogues and books when computers enter our world!!

It includes American Motors, Chrysler and General Motors cars, trucks and commercial vehicules. It also includes fleet (governments, provinces, companies like Bell, Brinks, Airlines, mobile homes etc), equipment (tractor, implement, snowmobiles etc)....

Engine enamel information-03.jpg

-
Back