Engine Vibration at highway rpm/speed

-
I've been having the exact same issue. It can drive you crazy. I've tried using shims to change the pinion angle, I've tried new u-joints, I'm going to try a new converter soon. I'll be following this thread to see if a fix is to be found.

Mr. Gorsky, your video really helped. those appear to be the same exact drums that I bought. so I decided to give them another look......so now I have the original drums back on.....and new tires/rims. BAM 80% of the vibration is completely gone!!!! I can't believe it! drums/tires mimicking a driveshaft out of balance. crazy!

Glad it’s worked out....enjoy :)

one thing I've learned over the years working on these old cars is if you are making changes to them and the car ran perfect before the changes, do one change at a time. That way if you notice the car is not running right after that new part was installed you know what caused it and how to fix it. I know that it's hard to do when you total restoration of a car and replace alot of old parts with new and you can not drive the car. I have had many friends over the years that replace many parts at once on a driveable car that have run into problems many people find after the new parts were installed and they have problems trying to figure out what has caused that new problem. Just my 2 cents worth!!!

-
Back