360 engine vibration at ~3000rpm

-
Gents, Just getting around to reading updates. I appreciate the inputs. Here is some feedback
1) No, this is not the final air cleaner I plan to use. I do have dropped down 14" K&N filter I am using in the car. Had to shift form a 1" to a 1/2" carb spacer to clear the hood though.
2) Intake is the Edelbrock 7576 RPM air gap model and I agree that the straight Performer series would seem a better match to my dyno results. HOWEVER, I am currently running the same 680 com ATM carb I was using prior to the rebuild and I believe it is causing some power restrictions in the upper RPM range. Future plans call for a an upgrade to ~750+cfm which I expect will move the power peak closer to 5700-6000 range.
3) Vibrations: Though I only have some temp. flex pipes connected fm my TTI shorties into the rest of the current exhaust system, my remaining ~3000-3200 vibration/drone seems to be exhaust related vice anything to do with engine operation. I have an appt. in the coming week to have a full exhaust system built/installed with some "slightly" quieter mufflers (Maybe cut-outs later?), to try and alleviate this drone.

Almost all done...-Scott

What muffler, I had dynomax that droned horribly. Pypes race pro’s picked up some and drone gone. Not the pypes violators, those sound horrible. Carb may be a bit small if you are chasing the last hp.

Furrystump,
Mufflers are a no-name(that I can find) Flow-max knock-offs with 2-1/2" piping throughout the whole exhaust system. Appreciate the advice about the different Pypes variations.
-Scott

-
Back