Enough room for 15x10 on a Demon?

-
Found a good solution. I am ordering 15x8 rims and found different tires on storage at the local Pep Boys. They told me we can put on 2 tires on the new wheels and then test if I have space. That way I dont waste money buying the wrong tire. I will try first a 295/50-15 and if that doesnt fit I go with 275/60.

The 295 will not fit if you're lowered. Mine barely fit and I have the 1/2" spring offset and another 1/2" trimmed off the quarter lip. There's zero extra space, before I installed the 7/8" rear sway bar they would rub when I went over speed bumps or on driveway transitions (ie, with any significant body roll). It's not even worth trying if you're not raised up in the back and hanging them out of the quarters.

Found a good solution. I am ordering 15x8 rims and found different tires on storage at the local Pep Boys. They told me we can put on 2 tires on the new wheels and then test if I have space. That way I dont waste money buying the wrong tire. I will try first a 295/50-15 and if that doesnt fit I go with 275/60.

295 wont fit without trimming the quarters and spring relocation :violent1:

Section width. The section width varies per tire manufacturer. If for example you compare section widths and tread widths on a BFG radial T/A 295/50/15 and a Nitto 275/50/15.
Here are the relevent spec comparisons:
BF Goodrich Radial TA 295/50/15
Dia=26.7", Section width=11.8", Tread width=10.4"
Nitto NT555R 275/50/15
Dia=25.7", Section width=11", Tread width= 10"

Take a look at this link:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=297526

To me it's about how much tread's on the pavement and still fit in there without rubbing.

If I can try it at the dealer, I sure do it. But I prefer a 60 high tire anyways. Looks more muscle to me and 275 should be fat enough for the street.

-
Back