Entertain me!

-
Back in the day my friend & I went to a small town to trailer a car home. (45miles away) They happen to have a volare there. He just couldn't pass up the deal-- so we chained the volare to the trailer (this is a pull type car trailer-- loaded with another car) & towed it home on dirt roads. By the way did I mention the volare had no windshield? I was the brakes/drifter.I did however keep the cooler of refreshment in the front seat with me.
Wow-- what a ride we stopped a few times for p-breaks & hand said refreshments to driver of the tow vehicle.
The shop still laughs about us to this day!!

I don't recommend this --but it worked--- man I wish I had that kind of time today-- before kids!!!HA. Lawrence

OK.
So the 383 in my RR breaks an oil ring and I really need the car. So I get this 440 (might as well upgrade) and I have to figure out how to pull the engine in my Wisconsin sand driveway. There are two tall evergreen trees on either side of the drive across from each other. I go up one tree about fifteen feet and wrap a chain around the trunk. I tie a rope around the other chain end and drag that end up the other tree and secure it to that tree. Great so far. Then I hang a chain driven block and tackle from the chain over the middle of the drive. After getting the car centered under the hoist, I get the hood off and disconnect all the clutch linkages, wires, mounts, etc. After everything is ready I secure the engine to the hoist and begin to lift it out of the compartment. As the weight begins to come off the front of the car it starts to rise. So far a fairly normal routine. But, as I keep lifting the front of the car is almost picking the wheels off the ground, so I figure correctly that the engine is stuck and needs a little coaxing. Now here is what I didn't know. As I pulled more and more on the chain the tops of the trees were going together and had actually criss-crossed. Yes, you guessed it. When I pried the engine free, the tops of the trees spread back apart, and it flew out of the car, and when it stopped bouncing it was about eight or nine feet up in the air. No damage to me or the car but it came very near to taking my head off. Hope you don't lay awake at night picturing this in your head.

how do you clean coffee out of a keyboard?? between the first 3 lines of #7 from cudaspaz, ramcharger jumping on the limb and the catapulting 383 i lost it......thanks guys, hell of a way to start a morning...:toothy10::toothy10:

A couple of years out of high school, a group of my friends were going to the swimming hole about an hour away. I decided to ride my GPZ550.

I had $3.00 to my name at the time, I went to the gas station, as I stopped I saw a bill folded in 1/4 stuck to the ground, so I picked it up, yup it was a hundred dollar bill, shoved it into my pocket, got my $3.00 in gas and lite out to meet at the grocery store for food and beer

Yup $100.00, that goes a long ways for beeeeeeer:cheers:

Anyway, we had a great time swimming, catching and eating crayfish, drinking beer and getting sunburned.

I did meet a sweat little redhead, she rode home with me, ON my back.
It was very warm, so I folded my down jacket and tied it to the seat under her fine ***.

So were flying down this twisted road with my buddys behind admiring her, then all of a sudden the rear wheel locks up! WTF

As I skid to a stop on the side of the road, I look down to see the reminants of my down jacket tangled up in the chain and sprocket!

Then looking back, I see my buddys suddenly appearing through a cloud of feathers

Now that's funny!:thebirdm:

So now I have no jacket, Red decides to ride in the truck, were heading back into the fog.

Needless to say I froze my *** off.:angry7:

All in all, a very interesting day.

LCjeff

Holy cow LCJeff, I remember that day too!!! Funny how it's such a small world eh??? Appreciate the kind comments. :-D Your buddies in the trunk were animals btw. Never saw any of them again. Until FABO of course. lol

Thats funny Memike, my cousin did the same thing on his B-Mod race car engine, his was a 305 Chevy. Funny thing, he won his feature race and someone challenged his motor so they had to remove 1 valve cover and the intake, when they did, there was a shop rag neatly covering the underside of the intake! The officials almost disqualified him for that but honestly, how can that help? I think he got lucky!

I feel better know :cheers:
I would say he was lucky to, I bet the oil had to be slowing down getting back to the oil pan :-D

OK, you guys are going to love this:

I was cleaning up the yard and figured I would just just "jump" on a big limb that had fallen off a tree. I put it on top of two logs and jumped in the middle....sure enough they both came up and whacked me on either side of my head and damn near knocked me out.

That would have been a cool video, I am sorry Joe But I am lmao :toothy10:

My brother was working for one of my buddies doing repairs on some turkey barns for a summer job. These barns have long windows covered with wood flaps that are hinged at the top and can be lifted up and propped open for ventilation. If you've ever been in central Texas in the summer time, you know how important ventilation could be inside a turkey barn.

He heard a rustling noise just outside the wall of the barn where he was working, so he looked out the window and saw a skunk rooting around. Luckily, he found a long trim board with a convenient nail poking out one side to use as a weapon. He carefully stepped up onto the inside framing of the wall so he could lean out the window quietly, taking care not to scare the skunk. With one single "whack" he caught the skunk right in the head with the nail.

Yep, you guessed it - it was not an instant kill. The skunk flopped around a while spraying its odor everywhere. Everyone had to work the rest of the day with that skunk stink suffocating them in the hot turkey barn. Needless to say, they weren't pleased with my genius brother.

OK.
So the 383 in my RR breaks an oil ring and I really need the car. So I get this 440 (might as well upgrade) and I have to figure out how to pull the engine in my Wisconsin sand driveway. There are two tall evergreen trees on either side of the drive across from each other. I go up one tree about fifteen feet and wrap a chain around the trunk. I tie a rope around the other chain end and drag that end up the other tree and secure it to that tree. Great so far. Then I hang a chain driven block and tackle from the chain over the middle of the drive. After getting the car centered under the hoist, I get the hood off and disconnect all the clutch linkages, wires, mounts, etc. After everything is ready I secure the engine to the hoist and begin to lift it out of the compartment. As the weight begins to come off the front of the car it starts to rise. So far a fairly normal routine. But, as I keep lifting the front of the car is almost picking the wheels off the ground, so I figure correctly that the engine is stuck and needs a little coaxing. Now here is what I didn't know. As I pulled more and more on the chain the tops of the trees were going together and had actually criss-crossed. Yes, you guessed it. When I pried the engine free, the tops of the trees spread back apart, and it flew out of the car, and when it stopped bouncing it was about eight or nine feet up in the air. No damage to me or the car but it came very near to taking my head off. Hope you don't lay awake at night picturing this in your head.

LMAO! Welcome to the club....:cheers:

That would have been a cool video, I am sorry Joe But I am lmao :toothy10:

I must have stumbled around for two minutes while seeing stars. I can laugh about it now.... :-D

True story. When I was 6 I got kicked out of cub scouts. The twin brothers whose mother was the scout leader were in a rock fight in the trailer court with me.I cold cocked one of them in the head so their mother kicked me out of cub scouts.Boo Hoo. I,ve been a hellraiser ever since.

Well, we're living in Walmart parking lots at the moment. They're free! Although we've already been kicked out of one when you first get into Edmonton, near the Ikea. We will be here until we find work, either here or wherever we can find it.

Could you tell me what time the racing starts and ends?
And also give me directions? We're currently at a Walmart in Fort Sask. Thanks!

The main highway that goes through Fort Sask. is 21. Take it south out of town and stay on it as it goes past Sherwood Park then you'll go over an overpass, stay on 21 for another 10 miles till you see a sign for Nisku hwy 625. Take that and go west (15 miles or so) thru Nisku over the overpass that crosses hwy 2 and the drag strip will be on your left about a mile pass the overpass.

Terry

When you go into the Walmart in the morning for your "sink shower", always be courteous and don't cut into the line of pregnant teenagers doing the same.LOL Ft.Saskstchewan is a good place to camp in a Wal Mart parking lot because the law there states that if you stay more than 30 days, squatters rights kick in and the parking lot becomes legally yours! If you do a search of Castrol Raceway all the info is there and google maps will get you there. It's only a couple of minutes from the International Airport, but quite a ways from you (Ft.Sask is north east of the city, Castrol is south west). What kind of work do you guys do, I can check around and see if I can help. Kev

We will definatly have to check out the squatters rights! We already got kicked out of one Walmart parking lot haha..

And I'm an electrician, looking for decent playing electrical work.

We will definatly have to check out the squatters rights! We already got kicked out of one Walmart parking lot haha..

And I'm an electrician, looking for decent playing electrical work.

Is your experience with residential or commercial? If you do industrial you're in the right area, you are close to the chemical and petroleum refineries and there are some shut down/turn around jobs available around there. One of my employees daughter just got one 2 weeks ago doing general labourer work on a shut down, 10 hour days at $24/HR. A tradesman should make almost twice that but you have to get your foot in the door. Are you in the electricians union? Sorry I couldn't give you directions to the dragstrip from where you are, I've only been to Ft.Sask a couple of times in my life and I'm not sure of the best way to get back to southwest from there. Looks like Demonseed gave you some good directions. Kev

Back in the 70's, backed out of a driveway of a bud, in my 70 Duster; talked for a minute, then revved it and dropped the clutch.
Still in reverse; blew the oil filter off of it.

Is your experience with residential or commercial? If you do industrial you're in the right area, you are close to the chemical and petroleum refineries and there are some shut down/turn around jobs available around there. One of my employees daughter just got one 2 weeks ago doing general labourer work on a shut down, 10 hour days at $24/HR. A tradesman should make almost twice that but you have to get your foot in the door. Are you in the electricians union? Sorry I couldn't give you directions to the dragstrip from where you are, I've only been to Ft.Sask a couple of times in my life and I'm not sure of the best way to get back to southwest from there. Looks like Demonseed gave you some good directions. Kev

I spent a lot of time in the refineries and chem plants in Fort Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park over the years as a service rep. Got to hate the hotels and resturants in the area. That drive between Calgary and Edmonton would damn near put me to sleep everytime.

Terry

I spent a lot of time in the refineries and chem plants in Fort Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park over the years as a service rep. Got to hate the hotels and resturants in the area. That drive between Calgary and Edmonton would damn near put me to sleep everytime.

Terry

I do the Portland swap meet every spring, 16-17 hour trip straight through. I have to have somebody take over for the last 1 1/2 hour from Red Deer home, can't stay awake no matter what I try. They should have put a hairpin turn in that highway just to keep you on your toes.ZZZzzzZZZzzz. Kev

We were headed off to work one day at a job we called the "Black Forest House", as it was an old castle of a house filled with trinkets and stuff. On our way to the job, we saw a table out in front of a neighbors house filled with free stuff. We grabbed all of the ugliest statuary and trinkets on the table and headed to the job. We had the best time finding places to strategically locate all of these trinkets amongst all of the other items in the house. I wish I could have been there to follow up on thier discovery of all the new stuff, but I'll bet they never even noticed. All in good fun, Geof

Demonseed - I got a job in Fort McMurray, and I start Monday, so we will unfortunatly not be able to make the car show on Sunday. Thanks for the offer on the cold ones, and we'll for sure meet another time.

Demonseed - I got a job in Fort McMurray, and I start Monday, so we will unfortunatly not be able to make the car show on Sunday. Thanks for the offer on the cold ones, and we'll for sure meet another time.

Good you found a job and congradulations but McMurray oh my God, I realize ya gotto take whats out there but McMurray.8). Anyway good luck to you Mike just stay out of downtown late night it can get pretty rough there and watch out for yourself working at those oil sites. On the whole most of the guys up there are really good at their job but there are a few "idiots", like any oil facility site, that are dangerous. Yea I worked in McMurray too as a matter of fact it was when my ex-employer wanted me to go back for 3 months that convinced me that I'd had enough and quit. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Terry

Cool, here is a "wheels up" pic for getting your new job!

!BY7f7Mg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLly(kEBKkNjgSCPQ~~_12.jpg

-
Back