Entry to Canada

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
Question for our Canadian Members.Wife and I are thinking of booking a Cruise that leaves in the U.S. but ends up in Canada then we fly home from there.I had a DUI in 1977 and am worried I will be denied entry.Went to Canadian Border Services web site and it's typical government gobble-de-gook.Do you think I need to worry or do I need to do more homework.One way requires paying $ 200 Canadian for some kind of permit.If it's too much hassle we will just take a different Cruise.Too old to put up with a bunch of BS for something that happened 36 years ago.Any thoughts?

I highly doubt this will be an issue. I haven't cruised to Canada, but have crossed the border near Detroit and don't remember anything that would cause such an issue. (ie international background checks) When I crossed into Canada, it was about a 5 minute process. No time fort such checks I wouldn't think.

Should be no problem. I have a friend with 4 dui's and he travels back and forth all the time.

I don't know if this helps check paragraph F.

http://www.californiacriminallawyerblog.com/2009/11/california_dui_conviction_many.html

We went on a cruise from Alaska to Vancouver in 2010.
They have you fill out a purchased items declaration form on the ship the day before you get to port to take with you through customs when leaving the ship. Make sure when you get it you fill it out right away so you don't have to get out of line to fill one out as you leave.

Have fun on the cruise.

Ya! once you come here , we give you a Shovel and a two piece snowmobile suit .We will just throw food to you .Because it never stopped snowing now for 4 days S%^&&y stuff.

Ya! once you come here , we give you a Shovel and a two piece snowmobile suit .We will just throw food to you .Because it never stopped snowing now for 4 days S%^&&y stuff.

Maybe for you guys, but not out here....

Attachments

• vw.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 187
I have this thing about snow shovels.When I retired and left Colorado I said I was going to tie a snow shovel to the grill of my Dodge Dually and drive until someone ask me what that was on my truck...then I would know where to settle.

Wife and I did a Great Lakes cruise a couple years ago. The cruise folks made the customs process super easy. Basically as long as we weren't smuggling drugs it wasn't an issue.
We were in and out of both country's constantly with all the stops at islands and ports.
We have a card, they swiped it, it beeped they said go ahead and we did.
Easy!

I'm trying not to say anything but you never know when customs feel like making it an issue.I was in a convoy of 36 trucks last year moving Metalica to Edmonton from south America,when customs wouldn't let a few drivers in that had been in before, so you never know

I'm trying not to say anything but you never know when customs feel like making it an issue.I was in a convoy of 36 trucks last year moving Metalica to Edmonton from south America,when customs wouldn't let a few drivers in that had been in before, so you never know

Exactly why I will do what needs to be done to make sure it's not an issue and if it's too much hassle I'll just pick a different cruise and avoid Canada.

I was refused entry to the US for the same reason. It then has cost me over $4000 to be able to gain entry to US(I94 Waiver), a Canadian Pardon and a whoooole lot of other BS. If you decide to go, dont say a word about the DUI, deny it.

my cousin had to get a pardon for a DUI before he was allowed into the u.s . last year. it was a long process for him .

1) You will be asked to fill out a form. On the form it will ask you if you've ever been charged with a crime. Say YES! They will do a search on you and if you lie you will be denied "entry".

2) Even a simple DUI can prohibit your entry into Canada. Generally though it's not an issue unless you lie or you're a total ***. As long as nothing has happened since you'll be ok.

3) Even if they deny you entry into Canada, they will still fly you out on the first available flight back home. It's not like you'll be left on the docks with no way home.

-
Back