equus fuel gauge problem

-

Kbharley

Reaction score
i bought an equus fuel gauge the other day got it installed, tried wiring it up how it says on the instructions but it just stays past full when i turn the ignition on and won't move
Has anyone used these gauges before and is there a certain way you have to wire the gauge to make it work right???

Link? Instructions? If these are a "bridge" circuit, the gauge either has to be grounded or will have a separate ground post and must have a quiet, that is, "noise free" good ground

i ran a new wire to the sender, put the ground to a bare metal spot on the dash and then ran the positive to the fuse box and its not working, just shoots past full

Can't you post a link to the product?

What happens when you disconnect the sender?

How about shorted connections right at the gauge, like, missing insulator bushing in the clamp / washers / nuts

Are you sure you have the correct gauge / sender combination? What are the part numbers?

Need gauge part number. Is the car the Demon in the pix?

Is this the stock fuel tank sender? If so, model 7381 is the PN you need to match that.

Equus makes at least 3 gauges and they work with different senders. 2 of them (7381 and 7383) work with high resistance for a low tank and a low resistance for a full tank but the model 7382 is backwards. So if if models it pegs past F all the time, then it sound like a short to ground on the wire to the tank or in the sender itself or you have a 7382 and need one of the others.

Do you have a voltmenter? If so, remove the wire to the sender and use the resistance function of the meter to measure the resistance (ohms) in the sender. If you need help in doing this, let us know.

-
Back