Erson Cam Decipher

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok guys i had a cam sho up today and have no idea what the specs are on it though...

so here is what it has on it...

Erson
High Flow 2M
B92S4

so what you think?

M means mechanical. High flow 2 might be about 235/472 ish? I had an HF-2-H in a 351C-2bbl heads and it was pretty choppy with headers and glasspacks.

I think I would call them and tell them to send a card that reads english :wack:.......Artie

lol

M means mechanical. High flow 2 might be about 235/472 ish? I had an HF-2-H in a 351C-2bbl heads and it was pretty choppy with headers and glasspacks.

well might wont work... is there a good number for them anymore??

well how can i get the specs without it being in the motor?

isn't it lobe lift - base circle is True lobe lift or something?

well i got a .316 lobe lift so .442 lift or so...

and yes its a slant cam...
that is correct, and you can get the duration with a degree wheel and a dial indicator. chuck it and mount the wheel. Mount dial indicator on lobe and get it to like .050 on the intake ramp, (on the way up). note wheel degree. Rotate past lobe and measure when it gets .050 from base cirlce on the back side. Look at degrees again, The difference is the duration of the intake. Do the same for exhaust lobe and then you can determine overlap by seeing how many degrees are common with the intake and exhaust lobes. Centerline can be established by measuring from the center of the #1 intake to the TDC of the piston. Like maybe 106 degrees. Almost all Slant cams are Mechanical.

that is correct, and you can get the duration with a degree wheel and a dial indicator. chuck it and mount the wheel. Mount dial indicator on lobe and get it to like .050 on the intake ramp, (on the way up). note wheel degree. Rotate past lobe and measure when it gets .050 from base cirlce on the back side. Look at degrees again, The difference is the duration of the intake. Do the same for exhaust lobe and then you can determine overlap by seeing how many degrees are common with the intake and exhaust lobes. Centerline can be established by measuring from the center of the #1 intake to the TDC of the piston. Like maybe 106 degrees. Almost all Slant cams are Mechanical.

i know how to degree a cam i just dont have an open motor or tools to do it right now...

and yes except for the 80's they were solids...

-
Back