Ethanol

-

ir3333

Reaction score
in Ontario it's pretty easy to find 93 or 94 octane fuel but it has 10% Ethanol.
have you tried it and how did your engine perform?

All gasoline down here is 10% Ethanol. has been for a few years.

You can pay 60 cents per gallon above the 93 price for no ethanol 89, but only at Citgo.

10% runs fine in my 2000 5.9, and so far so good in the 73 318.

Ran it in Ohio in the 80's in a 66 and a 67 318.

Did see a station somewhere between Spokane and Kennewick that sells ethanol free fuel still, at the same price as the 10% blend......

Ran it in Ohio in the 80's in a 66 and a 67 318.

I think you can run tequila in a 318....! And bad tequila in a slant....

Ethanol tends to soften old rubber so watch your fuel lines.

Been running it in the slant since I got it (10% blend) and it really doesnt seem to make a difference imo

Eddie carbs in 90+ temps don't like the ethanol very much since they are prone to heat soak already and the ethanol makes it worse.

i havnt had any issues with ethanol on either of my 318's with eddiesi use regular unleaded witch i think is 87 here in ca and its 10%ethanol.

Upgrade all your fuel hoses to the more expensive "fuel injection" type. It is more ethanol resistant, plus stiffer so won't collapse under vacuum. When ethanol first started being added in the late 80's, we were hassled on a cross-country trip in our 69 Dart. It would sometimes miss >55 mph or going uphill. OK in evening and worse as we hit NM (around Memorial Day). At a lunch stop, I checked and found the fuel pump inlet soft and collapsing at the bend. Replaced it and no more problems.

I notice my 360 magnum runs way more smoother on the ethanol free 91 octane fuel then it does on the 91 octane with 10 percent eathanol. There is a cenex in my aera sells 91 octane eathanol free so thats what i run.
And i have access to ethanol testers that tell ya how much eathanol is in a fuel, i test the cenex premium every couple months to make sure it truely is ethanol free.

-
Back