Ethanol

-
For me I used to just buy the cheap gas. Then I moved to Idaho and gas was cheaper and getting premium really wasn't much more. So I started using 91-93 octane gas with 10% ethenol. So when I was younger I was so picky about my cars. I would change spark plugs and wires put some octane booster and spray out the throttle body every oil change. I'd always notice carbon build up inside or under my throttle plate. But when I sit he'd to the premium I noticed it would be cleaner and I didn't have to spray the tb anymore. I really don't add octane boosters any more either.
When I got the 76 dart I ran premium until I noticed the next town over had non ethenol 91. So I used it a few times and noticed my car has a little more responsiveness to it and it doesn't smoke as bad. Currently I am Getting ring blow by. So it already smokes til I pull the motor soon. But it does t shoot so much black smoke when Starting and really doesn't shoot much while smoke when warmed up Compared to when I'm stuck using ethanol. Now normally you wouldn't see it like this last mentioned but it did show me when I get the block finished up that no. Ethenol looks to burn a little cleaner and gives a tad bit more power. It won't turn your old school I to a muscle car but your motor will be happier.
As for the plastic part lol have you looked under the hoods of cars I. The last decade? Lines and tanks all plastic. Can t find prepmade metal lines for my 91 sanoma instead I have to make my own with large brake line

I have been using nothing but 87E10 since 1999 in my 367. I have had no problems. The car only runs from May long weekend to September long weekend. Then I stabilize the gas on the last tankful and park it. No other storage tricks. By spring the fuel in the carb has evaporated. I fill the bowls with 50cc each of fresh fuel, hit the key and drive away. That is the extent of my storage prep.I've been doing this since fall of 2000. The tank is original 1968. The pump was new in about 2000. The filter is an EFI canister, installed around 2000. All the rubber was also new in 2000 when the 3/8s line went on. The carb is a very old Holley 750DP, probably from the 70s.
I burn this same fuel in all my lawn N garden stuff with no problems.
Without stabilizer, the fuel does not age well.

Perhaps our Canadian E10 is different from yours. I haven't bought anything but 87E10 since it came to town.

In all fairness, it did clean out the tank in my 1980Volare really well. I seem to recall changing filters on the side of the hiway several times when that chit first came to town.
I also saw firsthand sheets of varnish sloshing around inside the tank I was having trouble with. The tank was down for having pinhole leaks on top.I just replaced it. That car now sits for a year or two atta time. Then it may be pressed into service if I or one of my kids has trouble with their overly-complicated, modern,EFI-equipped,money-pits.
Hyup, that poor old heap has been with us since 1994.

-
Back