Ever just want to walk away from the old car thing?

-
When I sold my '74 Dart that I owned for about 9 years, I made it 3 months and I bought a '89 D150 short bed 2WD. V6 became 360 became 400 big block. No, I like my older cars, but too often I see another older car I would like to have, and sometimes that brings out the for sale signs... LOL.
When folks get out of the hobby, though, sometimes it leads to really good bargains on cars and parts !!!! :D

been wanting a big block B Body for while, so last fall I haul in a 66 Bel 1 post car, slant, I told myself THEN , get it runnin to see what the engine is like, DON't put it on the plate to start working on it, parts costs MONEY!!!??? ( as always its a total project!).
I want to pay off a bill, keep working on my ENCLOSED garage area, BUT NOoooooooo, I start working on the rust, which leads to needing body panels , steel to fag with, more mig wire and gas,, cut off wheels, more filler, sandpaper, epoxy primer, etc etc..... LOL BUT......

now all the rust is fixed, 95% straight. slant is pulled out, and I haul home a mostly complete 400. the days that FUNK takes over me, I should pray the funk could last long enough to at least finish dry in of the garage!!!!!

piddly part time job starts in probably 2 weeks... parts $$$ here I come!!????? LOL

-
Back