Ever notice ?

-

Avispa

Reaction score
Ya finally scrape up some cash to buy a ride and guess what, nothing out there ya want, but if ya don't have the coin, there're cheap and falling outta the sky.!

Brother, THE Story of my life, although I've been Blessed a few times by Friends... otherwise, I get screwed. Like the truck I just bought, after my Jeep got Totalled out...however, the Dak is still a Blessing, as even w/ a cracked head, she still rolls me and The Gal + our tools, to Winter Haven from Tampa on almost a daily! A violation of 1 of my own rules ( never buy at night!) With the market crazy, and Several other things, I'm all in.. I went to look at a 2000 Ram Club cab, 4wd weekend before last. A grand w/ a jet ski.... I felt the buyer misrepresented 'er ( due to the amount of rot, and the back glass being opened for 2 years, among other things!) Had to pass.... sucked

Last edited:
You have to be patient. Took me nearly 2 years to find my B-body I was hunting to replace my loss so many years ago.

Problem? Funds are not as patient. But keep eyes and ears open.

Same situation applies to scores at the junkyard or swap meet.
You have the cash....there is nothing worth buying. You left the cash at home and the good stuff is there at cheap prices!
These situations remind me of those stories about the time you left the party early.....OF COURSE things started getting good AFTER you left....the busload of strippers showed up and they all got drunk and horny.

1 angry.jpg

I have a couple of cars that have been just out of reach since I was 16 years old. Literally every time my income changes to be able to afford them, the market changes and they jump. Not complaining, I have had plenty of fun with what I have had, and at this point the ones I want are so expensive that I wouldn't be comfortable driving them.

Same situation applies to scores at the junkyard or swap meet.
You have the cash....there is nothing worth buying. You left the cash at home and the good stuff is there at cheap prices!
These situations remind me of those stories about the time you left the party early.....OF COURSE things started getting good AFTER you left....the busload of strippers showed up and they all got drunk and horny.

View attachment 1715854788
Yes. That damn Murphy dude is always watching!

Never fails me: I get about 5-600 saved up for another project and something happens that requires most of it. I broke a tooth once. needed a $300 crown. Scraped up some more money....F'n mommyvan gets a nail in a tire and requires all 4 to be replaced (not really unexpected...) Best one was a tree was found to have broken one of our homes foundation walls and we got a G deductible on stuff like that. Yeah...its like someone is not wanting me to start a new project? Question is How is the wife managing all this?

Deals are like buses. Another one will be along shortly.

Never fails me: I get about 5-600 saved up for another project and something happens that requires most of it. I broke a tooth once. needed a $300 crown. Scraped up some more money....F'n mommyvan gets a nail in a tire and requires all 4 to be replaced (not really unexpected...) Best one was a tree was found to have broken one of our homes foundation walls and we got a G deductible on stuff like that. Yeah...its like someone is not wanting me to start a new project? Question is How is the wife managing all this?
Crap, I broke a tooth, been giving me Hell for a While! Went to a non insurance required Dentist, 59 bucks , exam, c scan type x Ray, cleaning. They were pushing a 5500 repair + financing!. To pull it was 560.... crazy Bastards

Ya finally scrape up some cash to buy a ride and guess what, nothing out there ya want, but if ya don't have the coin, there're cheap and falling outta the sky.!
I gotta Falcon I'll sell cheap.

Always. Every deal I ever come across...is right between or just after I've emptied my allowance on something i 'needed' therefore missing out on what i 'wanted'.
Never used to be that way...but this economy is a rough one and gonna shake many off the wagon. Good luck in the future.

how cheap? any more details?
Somewhere around or under 1K. 144, 2 speed Ford O Matic. The engine and trans are both fresh. A young kid had it and was frustrated because the brakes are tight. He redid everything and put the adjusters on a couple backwards. I need to fix that and put a kit in the carburetor because the accelerator pump is bad. Pretty solid little car. I have some pictures somewhere or I'll take some more if you're that interested.

Strippers should never be used when drunk, as poor strips and cut fingers can result. I've even seen strips wrapped backwards around screw terminals. I've seen poorly done strips where the wire, insulation and all was crushed into the terminal. SWI is a huge problem.

-
Back