ex girlfreind .....

-
My conclusion is that marriage is not equal to commitment.
I know a married couple who are not committed to each other. The husband goes out to topless bars all the time and brags about it.

I have yet to see a committed couple survive breaking the definition of "being committed" and still be considered as such. When it comes down to the wire, marriage or not, you are either committed or you are not. There is no middle ground and marriage does not change this.

I know a married couple who are not committed to each other. The husband goes out to topless bars all the time and brags about it.

so what if he goes to topless bars that does not necessary mean he is not committed....men like that sort of thing and its just how it is....that is like trying to get dogs to quit butt sniffing .....isn't going to happen.

If he is sleeping with other women then that is bad but he should be able to look but don't touch all he wants ....that's what guys do so what....probably just means that she is not doing her job at home to keep his attention on her only.

Fair enough.

Just for the sake of role reversal, Amy has been to more topless bars than I have.

The exact number that I've been to is zero. It doesn't bug me that she liked going to the ones that she did. That was before us. We have yet to go.

I guess my point is only that marriage doesn't equal commitment...

There are harder arguments as to the definition of commitment. Some people commit themselves to polygamy. There is a big poly movement and those people are happy with that.

I guess, in my mind and going out on a limb, with most, I think the idea of commitment is just being honest and on the same page as your partner, or partners. This guy did it behind her back. If I want to, I've got a free ride, although I'd rather go with Amy if I did and she's mentioned it before.

I really don't care to, but the general idea behind our relationship is that we are always on the same page. True = honesty, etc.

dam ... wern't exspecting all this .... but truth be told .... i think i have to take credit for this one .... she said i loved my dodge more than her and gave me a choice ... the ramcharger or her ..... AS i watched her mustang go down the driveway i kinda knew it was comeing. but all the other stuff was uncalled for. if ya want to go then theres the door . no need for hate. But i think my next GF or what ever will drive a mopar. the ford should have been a dead giveaway....

I have yet to see a committed couple survive breaking the definition of "being committed" and still be considered as such. When it comes down to the wire, marriage or not, you are either committed or you are not. There is no middle ground and marriage does not change this.

:thumbup:

A man in history once said, "There are only two kinds of beings in the world; Those with commitment, and those who require the commitment of others". That man was John Adams, and he was right.

during the civil war, that wise old southern general made two famous statements:
1.he said, " hey guys, we're gonna have to postpone this stupid war, we're gonna run out off cannon balls and GRITS!!!!
2. and he said, " remember this above all else, woman are all alike.... just different names and hair color".

Well I will have to say I am with Frankie with one more thing to add. I have been married 24 years so far and I am 46. Will be 25 in March. I made a commitment before God to my wife and to him as well as she did to me and I can say I never plan to break that promise.

A person is only as good as his or her word. God Bless and good luck.

she said i loved my dodge more than her and gave me a choice ... the ramcharger or her .
Damn man, I was in the exact same situation. Jealous of my cars. I was given an ultimatum , her or my mopars. I told her not to let the door hit her in the ***.

Damn man, I was in the exact same situation. Jealous of my cars. I was given an ultimatum , her or my mopars. I told her not to let the door hit her in the ***.

I told her up front, "the cars were here before you came along, and they'll be here after you're gone..."

And I stuck to my word...

I told her up front, "the cars were here before you came along, and they'll be here after you're gone..."

And I stuck to my word...

that is what I am saying but from the other side.

You guys shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap from these women.

that is what I am saying but from the other side.

You guys shouldn't have to put up with that kind of crap from these women.

It did catch on with her... :D

Now she has a 64 Dart with a slant 6... :pale:

... Too little, too late.... #-o

Have you even come home and then they "want to talk"???

Basically, it means that you sit and listen to them rant for hours....

That's what it means when you are in a relationship and they say that you are "spoken for"....

and I wish I had not spent 22 years of my life trying to MAKE it work! just me.....

Try 32 going on 33. I look at marriage as a lifelong commitment and have given up a lot in my life to make/keep things working, but lately, say the last almost 3 years I'm about done with this journey. People change as life goes forward. Nothing like your significant other buying 4 vehicles, 2 used and 2 new over the years on their own without consulting you, and decide to get a personal loan to build an addition on a whim because they want it, even though you both discussed that very same morning that we need to start watching our expenditures do to me being recently retired. Then being a polite husband and opening the doors for her as a courtesy only to be told that I try to control her,:???: among lots of other issues over the years, to much to get into here. I've been called a saint at times by friends who shake their head when I speak of my past. I guess I was just extremely stupid or extremely committed, but I feel I've had about enough. I always looked at it as a team effort and often wish I had a marriage as some stated here, definitely takes 2 to make it work. To the OP, good luck and I wish you many happy times. For me, I don't believe I would make another so called pass in the future.#-o

-
Back