Exactly what is it going to take to Run a 340 Six Pack on my MRL 318 stroker

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Hey,
I picked up a complete 340 six pack set-up and I really want to run it on my MRL 318 Stroker motor. The MRL 318 Stroker motor has (stock magnum 1.92/1.62 heads)....

Besides magnum heads drilled for a LA intake manifold

What else special is needed in parts?

Will there be any issues with valve train/push rods?

What gaskets do I need

Thanks for all help and input !!!

OMG! Slow down!

Once the heads are drilled to accept the LA intake, you just need intake gaskets and RTV to put it on and go out for a few test runs for tuning purposes.

OMG! Slow down!

Once the heads are drilled to accept the LA intake, you just need intake gaskets and RTV to put it on and go out for a few test runs for tuning purposes.

Feeeeeeeew Ok great !!!

Ball park on what the cost to do this at a machine shop ?

Thank you for your time

Your's should look like this when done or close to it. Yes this is mine.

20160404_195801.jpg

You allready asked the exact questions in your other thread, which I allready took the time to answer for you, why complicate it with another thread?

You allready asked the exact questions in your other thread, which I allready took the time to answer for you, why complicate it with another thread?

Yes ... not everyone tuned into the MRL 318 post, just looking for answers, opinions and peeps experience with a six packs

I really appreciate you time and knowledge in helping me

LMAO! Well, prices vary tby much from shop to shop, region to region. I've seen as low as .... nevermind....

Just check with your guy.

Holy Cow....Built and dynoed MRL motor, out of the box, ready to bolt on and go !!!!
And you want to drill the heads, go to a machine shop, yada yada.
Stop !!!!! Its ready to go !!!!!
Bolt it in !!!!!
Is this Mic working ?

Holy Cow....Built and dynoed MRL motor, out of the box, ready to bolt on and go !!!!
And you want to drill the heads, go to a machine shop, yada yada.
Stop !!!!! Its ready to go !!!!!
Bolt it in !!!!!
Is this Mic working ?

I know...
But I've wanted a six pack 4 speed car since I was a kid

It's your Engine. Do what you want. If you want a 6 Pack motor I say go for it. Spend your money as you wish!

It's your Engine. Do what you want. If you want a 6 Pack motor I say go for it. Spend your money as you wish!

I know and I appreciate all the input and help I get from everyone here.
I'd like a go and show car and for what it is, I'm betting it's going to be and put a big smile on my face !!!

Pfssssst!
Let them call you crazy!
Go for the 6 pack!

If it was a non magnum motor, than that would make a little more sense.
The money you are going to spend for machining/drilling heads, parts, tunning, for "maybe" a tenth,
doesnt make sense to "Me". The 6 pack can be very complex in tunning. It is not just a bolt on and go thing.
You have a motor built, by one of the best Mopar small block builders, ready to bolt in.
Dynoed, complete, ready to bolt in.
Im seeing an improvement to failure thread written all over this.
Be ready for a "Parts for Sale" in the mechanical parts for sale section.
I wish you luck.

He owns the Motor. He can do what he wishes. :drama:

Absolutely he can, never said he couldn't. In case you didnt know, this is a discussion forum, and the original poater asked for "Our" input. If you cant handle the fact that other people have different input/opinions than you, than maybe "you" are creating the drama. PS: Cute little X's to.

Well, it is your money and you should do as you wish. However, I'm with Johnny Dart. I think you should run as Mike built it. The only thing you will gain is the ohhhh, factor. I think the way Mike set it up with the 4 barrell would out perform the 6 Pac.

You will can usually make more power with a single 4 barrel, but if the wow factor is what you want go for it. The sixpack setups aren't as huge as you would think. The CFM rating for two barrels are at a different pressure differential.

Correct, the 1350 cfm rating system f the 6 pack it s due to the fact that 2bbl. carbs are rated at different pressure drops than a 4bbl is leads to confusion.

In 4bbl. terms, the 1350 cfm rating should convert to approx. 950cfm.(approx. guesstimate rounded off.)

Up for a read? You can go here: THE CARBURETOR SHOP / Carburetor sizes and CFM

In addition to wonderful eye candy, the 6 pack well tuned should perform as well as a single 4bbl. can. The problem with tuning the set up is everyone is afraid of it and listen to those that failed on them most spreading misinformation and creating an aura.

I suggest that you look at the set up as a 4bbl. with an extra set of secondaries. (that also have an idle circuit.)

Last edited:
-
Back