Exactly what is it going to take to Run a 340 Six Pack on my MRL 318 stroker

-
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
I installed it yesterday on the LA Motor in my Dart, took me 4 Hours to do it from tear down,prep install and then tying to find a special cable end to fit the throttle linkage....

Can't seem to upload the video

Here's a couple of pictures

Surprised me, I could not believe it but it "fired right up" after a few pumps of the pedal and after a min of running... idled at 900 rpms.

Took it for a ride after I made sure the coolant circulated and no leaks.

And I need to make sure all the vacuum lines are right. BUT I took it for a short ride around the block without the vacuum advance hooked up.... and OMFG !!!

I couldn't believe the throttle response and the look on my girlfriends face AND her legs pressed into the floor as We burned 4 gears down the street...!!!

See your happy. Paint that engine Orange. Leave it in the Dart. Buy another car for the MRL or sell it or save it for a while. That's what makes this a hobby.

Living up here in the northeast does not have the opportunity to get a clean car/body.... and I really want to build what I have, to how I would like/wish/dream of.

But I am looking for a 71 cuda with shaker hood and 4-speed... somewhere down the road, and I will get one...

Everyone has contributed great input to my threads on this site and I so appreciate it. Even though I many be hard headed in the way I'd like to do things that might not make sense.

Jus looking, but
It almost looks like that throttle return spring could over-center at WOT. It looks a little iffy from here. Plus it's gonna be hard on the throttle shaft bushings running at that angle.

What carb did you swap off?

I don't see a TP rod, so I'm guessing you don't need one?

I like your wire looms; that's a real clean install.

Throttle return spring in stock.
What is a TP Rod?

Jus looking, but
It almost looks like that throttle return spring could over-center at WOT. It looks a little iffy from here. Plus it's gonna be hard on the throttle shaft bushings running at that angle.

What carb did you swap off?

I don't see a TP rod, so I'm guessing you don't need one?

I like your wire looms; that's a real clean install.

Proform 650 mech/secondaries

The return spring bracket seems twisted, I've got another one coming for it.
Bought a rebuild kit, the accelerator pump is weeping a bit so I won't drive it anymore till I do that and the bowl gaskets...

-
Back