Exhaust manifolds on 273 in early A body

-

swapdaddyxx1

Reaction score
I seem to recall several yrs ago someone stating that early 90s Dakota manifolds would work on the 273 early A body. Anyone confirm?

I think you have to be willing to modify your steering shaft and maybe raise your engine.
Also the 273 exhaust port is smaller than the 360 exhaust port (possible leakage). Will not work with P/S and may not work with standard shift.
treblig

The outer column tube needs to be shortened, replacing the pot coupler with a u-joint help with clearance. The whole package is about 1/4" too wide, and will rub on the passenger side inner fender. The owner of the car I saw said he had 1/8" milled off the port flange of each manifold and still needed to a little motor mount shimming and bit of grinding. The ports should seal fine, there's plenty of surface area on the head. No way they would work with power steering of column shift. So yes, they will fit, or more accurately, they can be made to fit.

Good stuff, I never heard the things were too wide, but the passenger side is generic so you cold possibly use any LA passenger side log, 360 would come to mind to match the output size of the magnum.

Good stuff, I never heard the things were too wide, but the passenger side is generic so you cold possibly use any LA passenger side log, 360 would come to mind to match the output size of the magnum.
I should have metioned that he is replacing the 273 with a 360. Other than the port size I doubt that anything else would affect the installation.

-
Back