Exhaust Recommendations for my Setup

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
I currently have 3 options as far as exhaust goes on my car. I have only 'tracked' it with 3" turndowns right after the headers. I don't make it out to the track much, looking to see what my best bet is, according to the pros.

1) Summit headers, 3" TTI Turndowns after collectors
2) Summit headers, 3" cutouts -open
3) Summit headers, 3" cutouts -closed, 3" flowmaster super 40's

With #1 its gone 13.6, 1.9 60ft with (tall for the application) 29.5" slicks. #2 seems not much better either way. #3 may help on low end? The entire exhaust system weighs about 70lbs (excluding headers).

I do understand its not the best designed exhaust, I didn't know much better at the time I bought it, figured exhaust..was exhaust, no difference.

Thanks for any advice

I have 3" dumps right after the collectors,only open them when i want to be LOUD,my car runs basically the same numbers open or through the entire exhaust out the tips...

If you can go for a 4th option,
run about a 18" of 3" straight pipe off the collector
for racing only.

Mike, I run mufflers on my car, (for the neghibors) and 70 lbs wont kill ya, sometimes a little back pressure helps too.
Have you been to a "funday sunday" before? I hear it's usually pretty crowded so ya may only make 3-4 passes. I've been to the test n tunes (wed-fri) and usually get to make 3 passes.

Hope to see ya there !

If you can go for a 4th option,
run about a 18" of 3" straight pipe off the collector
for racing only.

Excellent advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MAX power system. But, no muffler? Race only would still require a muffler.

No money system..... w/mufflers....... true duals, turn downs faceing outward. Get the gas from under the car ....out.

Low buck, H pipe it. Neck down to 2-1/2 after 18 inchs of 3 inch pipe.

A few bucks to spend? Like the low buck, just X pipe it.

A better muffler, flow wise should be inlisted for max performance. I'm not the biggest fan of my Hooker Max Flows, just like the Dynomax units, but they flow most/best.

Thanks ya'll. I think im gonna run through the exhaust. might as well try something i've yet to do. maybe inch that 60' time down a little bit.

thanx

my car runs the same with tti headers and open cutouts right at the collectors as it does through the full exhaust. 3" pipe, x-pipe, dynomax super turbo mufflers and pipes to the bumper.

-
Back