Experiences with MR6K-38 mid-height lift?

-

J Glenn

Reaction score
I've narrowed my search down... there are a few contenders for a budget "portable" lift for our '65 valiant (and probably my other cars). This is one of the top-two.

Any experiences? There is more than one manufacturer of what look to be this same lift.:
MR6K-38 mid-height lift

Here's one version: Workhorse Portable Car Lift MR6K-38

Thanks,
Joe

I opted for the Ranger 5000 from Northern Tool. The biggest factors for me were: 1) Portablility (Small Garage no Space, and able to take to track with me), 2) Clear access to center of the vehicle on a creeper. 3) Price $1,300

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...hUKEwiOiJHpgpHXAhUKxYMKHRxGAWcQ9aACCDI&adurl=

Pat
lift2.jpg
20170416_111800.jpg
20170416_111532.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. My only concern with that is: I have a 1-car garage, so I cannot slide it in from the side. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to slide that in from the side, right?

I opted for the Ranger 5000 from Northern Tool. The biggest factors for me were: 1) Portablility (Small Garage no Space, and able to take to track with me), 2) Clear access to center of the vehicle on a creeper. 3) Price $1,300

Thanks for the feedback. My only concern with that is: I have a 1-car garage, so I cannot slide it in from the side. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to slide that in from the side, right?

You can push the ramps in from either side Glenn. Might need a 2x4 to push it under the car from one side to the other, but they slide pretty easily. And if you have enough room to squeeze your body between the wall and you car, you'll have no problem positioning them. I must say, I am very pleased with them. Worked great when I dropped and reinstalled my 727. Holler if you have any other questions.

Be well,
Pat

Oh, I see, it's two-pieces. That's nice because then there is no cross member! I've thought about the transmission drop (just in case that ends up in my future) and most of the lifts that I look at have a cross-member that would interfere.

I'll give those another look.
Thanks,
Joe
You can push the ramps in from either side

Oh, I see, it's two-pieces. That's nice because then there is no cross member! I've thought about the transmission drop (just in case that ends up in my future) and most of the lifts that I look at have a cross-member that would interfere.

I'll give those another look.
Thanks,
Joe

Yep, having the center open for trans, drive train and exhaust work was a deal breaker for me with the scissor lift styles. Worth a look for sure.

Pat

Yep, having the center open for trans, drive train and exhaust work was a deal breaker for me with the scissor lift styles. Worth a look for sure.

Pat
That would definitely be a plus.

-
Back