Exposed body filler on new paint?

-

DadGum_Teen

Reaction score
I noticed that the inside of the holes for the duster emblems did not get hit with the paint real well (the inside of the holes) which is made of a thin peice of body filler, and you can see the body filler. I hope I am making sense. I have not put the emblems in yet, because a peg broke on one, and I still need a third. What do I do??? I would hate it if water could get soaked in there and cause a problem. Kind of worries me now that I think about it.

I haven't got any yet, wheres the best place to get some? It's the FJ5 green.
Great idea though, I can't believe I didn't think of it. But I'm like that sometimes #-o

If the emblems will cover up the non-painted areas and all you want to do is make sure the non-painted area is sealed..... get you some touch-up clear coat. Will seal it really well.

if you don't want to make a mess on new paint, try using Q-tip and if there is access from the back, I'd go that route, it's best if you mix hardener in paint if it's single stage, if it's base/clear, use clearcoat with some hardener, it will seal off exposed filler

Stefan

sounds good enough. i can pick up some touchup from the parts store and see how well it seals on something. thanks

-
Back