External balance 360 flywheels

-
I actually bought my flywheel from 440 source - billet steel at a very reasonable price - under $200
Mentally challenged for my internally balanced 360 I would check and see if they have an externally balanced one. Lol voice command on my cell phone I just had to leave it and not change! Lol (* neutrally balanced)

looking at Summit there is 130 teeth and one with 143 teeth, car bellhousings are for 130, maybe truck bells used 143?

The 130 tooth 10.5 flywheel from 440 source has a bolt on weight so it can be used on either internal or external balanced engines.

looking at Summit there is 130 teeth and one with 143 teeth, car bellhousings are for 130, maybe truck bells used 143?
IIRC, the old direct drive starter used the 143T.... even in cars. It went to 130T when the gear reduction design came into production in the early 60's.

The 130 tooth 10.5 flywheel from 440 source has a bolt on weight so it can be used on either internal or external balanced engines.
ya that's it. I had bought a harmonic balancer that had a bolt on weight and now I remember both the balancer and the flywheel had removable weights making them both universal.

I just ordered a 440source flywheel. after a couple phone calls it was decided that the weight would need to be modified on a balancer to work with whatever application was being used. I found that brewers has weights for sale for specific applications for 29.99. Its now on 440source description of the flywheel with a link to brewers page

Our brand new heavy-duty billet flywheels are fully CNC machined from high quality 1045 super hard billet steel. The ring gear is made from high manganese carbon steel for accuracy and superior wear resistance. Ring gear is 130 tooth, weight is 27 pounds, and the overall diameter is 13.19 inches. The diameter of the machined face (without the ring gear) is about 12.5 inches. These fit a standard six bolt crank flange. The larger of the two bolt patterns measures 11 5/8" across (bolt hole center to center) and has 6 bolts evenly spaced around the outside of the wheel. These are very similar to the Mopar Performance part# P4529142 and McLeod #464102. Fits ALL Mopar V8 engines (even small blocks!) Works with 10.5 inch clutch only. These can be used for either internal or external balance applications. They include a small weight which is bolted to the back of the flywheel. For internal balance applications, simply remove this bolt-on weight. For external balance applications, when the engine is being balanced with the flywheel attached, your balance shop can remove material from the supplied bolt-on weight as needed to bring the engine into balance. For factory pre-balanced applications such as cast crank, six pack, etc, Brewers performance carries specific external weights for these applications, available HERE

-
Back