Ezy Wiring query

-

synchro66

Reaction score
In the process of installing an EZ wiring harness and am a little confused. Instructions say no earth wires are provided in the harness, and yet I see there is a black wire marked FAN GROUND, coming from the fuse panel. Could someone point me in the right direction here. Thanks in advance

In the process of installing an EZ wiring harness and am a little confused. Instructions say no earth wires are provided in the harness, and yet I see there is a black wire marked FAN GROUND, coming from the fuse panel. Could someone point me in the right direction here. Thanks in advance
My guess would be: your rad fan probably has a plastic housing and requires a separate ground wire to function. Lots of other parts, ie: radio, heater fan, etc., in the car ground through their respective cases/chassis.

Thanks for the info on that ..most helpful. BTW does anyone have any idea of the amperage rating of these EZ wires which go from the Fuse panel to the Ignition switch ie.... IGN SW POWER: IGN SW COIL: IGN SW IGN: IGN SW ACCESSORIES: IGN SW START

Might be the fan ground is a CONTROL wire supposed to ground a fan relay through a sensor The problem with MOST aftermarket harnesses is that they don't have decent documentation

OP

POST THE MODEL / PART NO of the harness and if possible a LINK to the documentation

Might be the fan ground is a CONTROL wire supposed to ground a fan relay through a sensor The problem with MOST aftermarket harnesses is that they don't have decent documentation

OP

POST THE MODEL / PART NO of the harness and if possible a LINK to the documentation

This is an ez wiring mini 21 circuit harness see......d44tech.com/EZ_Wiring_Manual.pdf
not familiar w/ the harness u got, but I put a 12 circuit harness in my 505" 68 fastback. Then decided to go f.inj.. You will do well to make up ur mind on everything u want before starting the rewire, so it will stay neat and orderly. I found the only thing I had to increase in size (wire wise) was the alternator charging wire on my 1 wire alternator. Sean at EZ, "if he`s still there", is really a smart dude, he can answer any wiring question u have !

This is an ez wiring mini 21 circuit harness see......d44tech.com/EZ_Wiring_Manual.pdf

Well that was no help, which is why I said what I did about poor documentation. Guess you will have to trace it out.

-
Back