F body brakes and suspension to A body??

-

Baghdad Dart

Reaction score
I have access to a F body that has front disk and I am asking if it will fit our 67 Dart for getting the big bolt pattern and better bakes too????? How much of the parts wil I need to get off it? And will it work?

Jeff

Get the spindles,rotors and calipers. U will need some big balljoint upper control armsfrom a 73 or newer a-body or get some ajustable aftermarket uppers (recomended) and you will enjoy much better brakes and get more caster which greatly improves the cars driving feel.

Bolts right on once you replace the upper a arms. If the F body setup has rear hung calipers then you'll need some custom brake hoses to get a proper fit. Those are easy to find, just have a set made at a local shop.

Supposedly those spindles change steering axis inclination, might be a big deal, might not.

I think I also recall something being different with the lower ball joints, something about one hole being tapped for threads where it's not on an A body.

You will also need to use the A body lower ball joints.

It's not a "bolt in" per se, but a lot easier to afford, if you know the differences.

Mark.

-
Back