F-ing junkie car thieves

-

tlgbg

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and went in the kitchen to make breakfast, looking out the window something is missing. My daily driver is gone, just an old chevy pickup, but its MINE. Calling the police there is a half hour wait in the phone so I take the bus to the station. Just when I start to talk to the officer at the counter my phone rings. Its an patrol that has just stoped my car with a junkie driving. They know it was not his car, I work as court security and know most of the officers around here. Going to where my car is some amature has done a real number on the steering column. Its drivable (just) so I get it home.
We have a national holliday this friday and I´m off work monday so now instead of visiting my parents and work on my Dart I have to spend the 4-day weekend fixing my dd. It will take some time but the piece of s... junkie will end up at MY court eventually. Just hope the case is assigned to the right judge.

What am I to say? Just had a "thee news" bit about the Spokane, WA area last night. The cops are having a "crackdown." Hell they KNOW who these people are, most of them have already been "in the system" AND HAVE ACTIVE WARRANTS for their arrest!!!

What am I to say? Just had a "thee news" bit about the Spokane, WA area last night. The cops are having a "crackdown." Hell they KNOW who these people are, most of them have already been "in the system" AND HAVE ACTIVE WARRANTS for their arrest!!!

Seems as though it would have been easier to just hold them instead of turning them loose to do it again, but what do I know. :banghead:

What the hell is jail to most of these people? Jail often is easier than life for these types. Our jail system is a joke. Rehabilitate my hairy ***. Make it so.ething they don't want to go back to.

What the hell is jail to most of these people? Jail often is easier than life for these types. Our jail system is a joke. Rehabilitate my hairy ***. Make it so.ething they don't want to go back to.

If you think your jails is a joke you should see it over here. As an example the money spent on food in jails is more than double per meal for each inmate than the money spent in the schools for lunches for each pupil.
This guy will probably not spend one day in jail for this crime. The officer that caught him told me he claims someone came driving in the car and then jumped out and run away, he just got in the car to chase the guy running (tell me another fairytale). It will be hard to prove the junkie stole the car, what can be proved is "unauthorized use", this will result in a fine that he of course will not pay. Because of this, my claim for compensation of the damages will not be recognized as it can not be proved in court that the person driving caused the damages.

I agree. Most people who are facing sentences that include jail time aren't even in need of talking out of it. The judicial systems are already overwhelmed and will cave at the blink of an eye, if you ask or even say the word "yeah" to a plea bargain.

This is why I put a GPS in my cars, run on an auxilary battery that charges off of the main, on a closed circuit.

I'm tempted to have it trigger a camera. I can have it kill the ign. based on remote app from a phone or proximity boundaries.

Still, I'm more interested in knowing where my things are, than just stopping someone.

If someone has the balls to steal one of my cars, I hope they have a pocket full of copper and lead to back it up, because I won't be the only one with some, tracking them by phone. Even if they disconnect the battery and tow it.

See, I always thought, if you didn't "give" the person the OK to "use" YOUR vehicle, and it was just "missing" then its considered.....................STOLEN! With that being said, ANY damages can be on pursuit to that person for there actions, specially STEALING a car. I mean thats grand theft...... At least in the 3 states over the years I have lived in!

Junkie or not, was HE under the influence at all when this was done? They should have gave him a field Sobriety right then and there.....

No matter how they look at this, Did you or didn't you give this person permission to use YOUR daily Driver? AND to that, do you know or have you befriended this person? No? Then its a stolen car, welcome to grand theft auto!

I simply do not understand how this guy can get out of this....Unless you know him, and buddy around with him, and that is known......He stole your Daily Driver.....And for that, stolen is stolen by no other term....You didn't give him permission to use or take it......THEN to steal a car, didn't he have to rip the steering apart to get to the ignition wires to touch them to start the vehicle? That damage is FROM him trying to start the car, thats how you prove it!

Well the bright side is .......even though you are in another country CHEVY is still gonna be easy to find parts for. lol

Thank you Rob! THAT I did not know! I didn't realize the person this happen too is in a different country!

This guy nailed it sort of. I'm not real familiar with the laws over there or the justice system but I am familiar enough with the one here. Using jail as a deterrent has fail time and time again. You want problems like this to end then you need to address the drug use and find a new alternate scent envying program to cut back on repeats.

-
Back