F70-14 tire ?

-

indie_cg

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a tire to level out the stance on my 74 duster i was running 195-60-14's on the front of my car with 225-70-14's in the rear. I tried several used tires that were around and they all rubbed. Then i thought about the spare that came with the car and put it on, fit like a glove the perfect size F70-14. Ive never seen a tire sized like this is there a modern equivalent ? To assume i know absolutely nothing about tire sizes would not be too far off lol. Thanks in advance

Tire calc's on line offer letter to metric conversions and comparo's.

Also, does your old F70 wheel have the same backspace and width as whatever else you have been using?

Also, does your old F70 wheel have the same backspace and width as whatever else you have been using?
I believe the width is the same.The steel wheel with the F70 should be a 7in, same as the old alum. slots ive been running. As for backspace im not sure. Ill def check both asap.

Were are the tires rubbing and what rims are on them ? How does the front end sit ? You should have no issues with a 225-70-14 on the front.

Were are the tires rubbing and what rims are on them ? How does the front end sit ? You should have no issues with a 225-70-14 on the front.

The rims im running are vintage alum. slots (not sure of the brand) I now believe all the slots are 14x8s not 14x7.I did a /6 to 360 swap and i believe that may have caused the front end to drop a little from the added weight i still have all the wore out factory shocks on there too im not sure if that answered your question. The 225-70-14 rubs on the fender at the very bottom when turning the wheels. I decided to try a 195-75-14 i found in a neighbors back yard and it clears the fender a friend gave me two 205-75-14s and im gonna try them tomorrow.

Sounds like you need a different set of rims for the front. I had some 14X7" slots on my Barracuda that rubbed while turning too. I had 3 other sets of rims on that car and no issue with any tire size I ran. Your rims are to wide and/or have the wrong offset.

Sounds like you need a different set of rims for the front. I had some 14X7" slots on my Barracuda that rubbed while turning too. I had 3 other sets of rims on that car and no issue with any tire size I ran. Your rims are to wide and/or have the wrong offset.

Thanks AdamR i was afraid that you might say that. I may switch to some factory steel wheels for a temporary fix till i find 2 more slots that fit better.

I would say its closer to a 215-70. Stock size for a 340 Duster was E70 which is close to a 205-70

-
Back