Fabbing up my own motor mounts anyone else need some while I'm at it?

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm on a tight a$$ budget and I need to fab up my own mounts. I will be using the stock rubber isolators and doing something similar to the TTI set-up but with some added strength to the passenger side. I have enough steel to do a few set's and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a set to help me offset the cost of the steel? $75 bucks should cover my time and the steel if you are interested and they will be in bare metal so you can paint them or powder coat them yourselves. I have enough steel to rip out 3-4 sets if you guys want them. Since I will be making them by hand they will take some time But I believe they will be as good or better then the TTI units. PM me if you are interested. I will be using 3/16 plate steel just so everyone knows and I have been a fabricator for 8 years so this wont be a junk job to get er done but they will be pretty nice I'm thinking (for hand made parts anyway)

Just so everyone knows I have a 67-72 K-member in my car and that's all I have to build these off of so I can't build early A mounts (unless these will fit) and I can't make Spool type mounts. Also Spool mounts require bushings which I don't have the money to buy so the price would be drastically higher for spool mounts and I would need a k-member to build them off of.

trying to get a motor first, if they don't all disappear before that, I will be in.

JOE

John,

I appreciate the offer, I am looking for a low mileage one to avoid a rebuild. Thanks for keeping your FABO brother in mind though!

JOE

I have a buddy who pulled his motor out of his Daytona with 23k on it But he had a blower on it for a few months. Never damaged it with the blower But he is really iffy about selling it because it's his baby's engine. Cash will get him to let it go and it's intake to pan so if you are interested let me know.

This is what we put in her
was that car shipped out to AZ a few years ago to drive with the AZLX guys to springfest? if so i saw that car in person. it was shipped out here with a silver magnum. i could be wrong but it looks like the car.

Yep that is the same car had a vortech on it then. The silver magnum is my garage mate SuperT's Maggy with a 300C front end.

I was very big over on the LX front for a while till I got burned by a few guys who thought they new what it took to build a real car.

yeah man i hear you there. i lived just arround the corner from skippytrailer at the time. and he asked me to stop by when the cars were there. you guys have some nice rides. i have never owned an LX, but i did have the fastest 4 door ram in the country untill some clown decided he needed to use it to stop for a redlight. (got rear ended) so now the motor is going into my 75 duster. should make for a fun toy that motor moved my 5000pound aerodynamic brick to a 12.73 at 105 in the 1\4 so hopefully i can get low 10's after sheading 2000 pounds or more, and gaining better aerdynamics.

Wow that was a pain in the arse. Sorry to say boys But 4 hours per side is a bit much.

2010-10-02235721.jpg

2010-10-02235744.jpg

2010-10-02235819.jpg

2010-10-03130342.jpg

2010-10-03163506.jpg

I have to say that I would order these if I had to do it again.

In my experience, generally, projects are harder than anticipated...

They do look real good.

JOE

no you should have cut everything off of the k member.go to a junk yard grad the frame mounted brackets out of a ram and the cut to fit and weld them in. At least that's my plan. I have the from sections out of a ram and want to retain the modern mounts so we will see how it goes.

They worked sweet on my 70--with a 06 hemi--push a few buttons and they are at your door in 2 days--Swifter

CUDA: 1967 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, 1969 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, SCAMP: 1971 Plymouth Scamp, 1972 Plymouth Scamp DUSTER: 1970 Plymouth Duster, 1971 Plymouth Duster, 1972 Plymouth Duster DEMON: 1971 Dodge Demon, 1972 Dodge Demon DART: 1967 Dodge Dart, 1968 Dodge Dart, 1969 Dodge Dart, 1970 Dodge Dart, 1971 Dodge Dart, 1972 Dodge Dart DART SWINGER: 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger  BPE Hemi Engine Mounts for G3 Hemi installations. This engine bracket kit will allow you to install a new Generation III Hemi Engine into your A-Body Vehicle, all while keeping the correct original stock K Frame assembly. We offer all these Motor Mounting Bracket Kits with all of our complete G3 Hemi Drivetrain Kits. NOTE: This application CAN NOT Use Power Steering! Just not enough room to have your gen 3 hemi and power steering. Part

These mounts are really good for the price. I couldnt fabricate them without hanging the motor in place and spending hours fitting pieces. Fair pricing
URL="http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/G3Engine_Brackets.asp"]http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/G3Engine_Brackets.asp[/URL]

CUDA: 1967 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, 1969 Plymouth Barracuda & Cuda, SCAMP: 1971 Plymouth Scamp, 1972 Plymouth Scamp DUSTER: 1970 Plymouth Duster, 1971 Plymouth Duster, 1972 Plymouth Duster DEMON: 1971 Dodge Demon, 1972 Dodge Demon DART: 1967 Dodge Dart, 1968 Dodge Dart, 1969 Dodge Dart, 1970 Dodge Dart, 1971 Dodge Dart, 1972 Dodge Dart DART SWINGER: 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger BPE Hemi Engine Mounts for G3 Hemi installations. This engine bracket kit will allow you to install a new Generation III Hemi Engine into your A-Body Vehicle, all while keeping the correct original stock K Frame assembly. We offer all these Motor Mounting Bracket Kits with all of our complete G3 Hemi Drivetrain Kits. NOTE: This application CAN NOT Use Power Steering! Just not enough room to have your gen 3 hemi and power steering. Part

These mounts are really good for the price. I couldnt fabricate them without hanging the motor in place and spending hours fitting pieces. Fair pricing
URL="http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/G3Engine_Brackets.asp"]http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/G3Engine_Brackets.asp[/URL]
44jim you work for Bouchillion? or something because if you look I already made the mounts and all of your posts are bringing up dead 5.7 hemi topics?

Yeah but if you already have 16 sq. ft. of 3/8" steel and a welder in the garage, why blow $130 you don't have? Plus, looking at pics of the mounts available off the shelf, these turned out way, way stronger. More material where it matters, welded on both sides of all joints, etc. Obviously people are free to buy what they can find but that's not hotrodding...

Yeah but if you already have 16 sq. ft. of 3/8" steel and a welder in the garage, why blow $130 you don't have? Plus, looking at pics of the mounts available off the shelf, these turned out way, way stronger. More material where it matters, welded on both sides of all joints, etc. Obviously people are free to buy what they can find but that's not hotrodding...
=D>:withstup:

-
Back