fab'd a new gauge pod. what you think?

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
So I am installing an air/fuel gauge and a trans temp gauge in a pod below the dash. I dont like any of the off the shelf units so i built one. here is the build in progress.

just gotta go have the metal frame powder coated gloss black to match my dash then its ready for its new home.

Very NICE !!! Hope you post a few pics once you get it installed...

Clif "Old Mopar Geezer" of Az.:coffee2:

Ya know with your skills there are people that would PAY you to do this stuff LMAO. I know you do that for a living, but I'm talking about specialized stuff, like, maybe for the guys who don't fab and weld.......adding sway bar tabs to lower arms and beefing them, maybe custom dash inserts, ???

Ya know with your skills there are people that would PAY you to do this stuff LMAO. I know you do that for a living, but I'm talking about specialized stuff, like, maybe for the guys who don't fab and weld.......adding sway bar tabs to lower arms and beefing them, maybe custom dash inserts, ???[/QUOT

I hear that all the time when people see my stuff. (that sounded super cocky, lol) but I actually enjoy building the stuff. I think i don't do it for two reasons, One I'm too lazy to really give it a go and start a business and two I worry that if it was a job It would no longer be fun.

Your fab skills are awesome, And I agree doing it for a living it might lose some of its fun.

Jeff

OR? doing it for a living you may never work another day in your life?

the parts I made for my car are the parts I like the most!

GREAT JOB !!!

OR? doing it for a living you may never work another day in your life?

the parts I made for my car are the parts I like the most!

GREAT JOB !!!

Very nice work. The things we make ourselves are typically much better quality than bought.

I used to think if I worked on cars for a living I wouldn't want to do it on the weekends, but after many years of staying away from the industry I think I learned otherwise!!!!

Regardless,, you do very nice fab work!!!

I need one that will fit into where the cig lighter and ash tray were. I plan on something like this!

got it all mocked up under the dash to see how i liked it. turned out pretty slick i think. now i gotta get it tore down and powder coated.

IMG_2061_zpsyjsidtqz.jpg

IMG_2060_zpszwtxigct.jpg

IMG_2064_zpseijhsmil.jpg

dont mind my dirty carpet. lol

-
Back