FABO calender

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I`m sure everyone here has visited the Hot Mopar Babes thread at one time or another here on FABO, (if you haven`t you probably have no pulse) but recently a couple of members have posted pictures of themselves or their wives with their own personal A-body cars. This started the idea of perhaps creating a FABO calender that would consist of real members (or members wives) with real members cars. It would take 12 or more beautiful and willing ladies, 12 or more hot A-body Mopars, gifted photograhers, printers, etc., and someone to spearhead/manage the project. This is all after we get permission and find a means of funding the project. Please give us your input.

Yes,a good idea!This can help fund upgrades to the site!Maybe help getting different size shirts and jackets?Hint,Hint!!LOL!

To bad nobody lives close... could take some great shots at sunset here on our pennisula... we have some of the best sunsets in the country

O =P~=P~met some new babes tonight at the dirt track I could slide a $20 to and show Victoria getting wet :-D

Great Idea, Count me in for one

I did Calendars years ago with members cars using Cafee Press so there was no out of pocket expense.

The hardest part was getting 12 usable high resolution photos.

I would do it with just the cars though. Leave out the ladies.

I did Calendars years ago with members cars using Cafee Press so there was no out of pocket expense.

I thought this idea sounded familiar...

These days it'd be easier to get high resolution pictures from people, I think back when you did it last time not that many people had digital cameras and a lot of the pics were scanned. These days everybody has a digital camera, they all do high or very high resolution so it should be simple.

i see i jumped in on this thread while I was under the influence :happy10:
I agree , Leave the ladies out.

is this the size picture you would need or does it need to be higher resolution?

Ralley's 004.jpg

Well I guess I would volunteer to do it, with all the online places you can have pics made into calenders fairly easily.

i see i jumped in on this thread while I was under the influence :happy10:
I agree , Leave the ladies out.

is this the size picture you would need or does it need to be higher resolution?

Why leave the lady's out? thats how this whole thing got started actual galls with actual cars.

I was involved with a similar calander years back. We had image size/resolution requirements and a deadline to get the photos in. At that point, we set up a voting site, where members could go in and choose their 12 favorite images and click on a voting button next to the images. Members were only allowed to go through the process once. This was the fairest way to choose the vehicles. If whomever is spearheading this would like me to look into it, I would be more than happy to do so.

hecks yeah! id love to have a calander. i think its a great idea. u could play around with it to like the different styles of cars. one calander could be rat rod type of a bodies, one could be show car quality a bodies and another idea is like for winter you could have a a body in the snow.

I was involved with a similar calander years back. We had image size/resolution requirements and a deadline to get the photos in. At that point, we set up a voting site, where members could go in and choose their 12 favorite images and click on a voting button next to the images. Members were only allowed to go through the process once. This was the fairest way to choose the vehicles. If whomever is spearheading this would like me to look into it, I would be more than happy to do so.

thats a good idea

and no I haven't found the pesky brackets yet, I think they grew legs...

hecks yeah! id love to have a calander. i think its a great idea. u could play around with it to like the different styles of cars. one calander could be rat rod type of a bodies, one could be show car quality a bodies and another idea is like for winter you could have a a body in the snow.

Those are great ideas but since there is a lot of work to be done to get a calander together (especially a nice custom piece), we might want to consider just focusing on one (at least for the first year). Also, I don't know if members would buy multiple calanders for the same year.

Leave the ladies out because if someone sent a picture with there wife/girlfriend in the picture with out there consent it could cause issure down the road.

Leave the ladies out because if someone sent a picture with there wife/girlfriend in the picture with out there consent it could cause issure down the road.

True. I guess the only way to get around this would be a consent letter but that starts to be a PITA. I like the idea of using the cars only. If you need a car/gal calander (although not Mopar/A-body-based), stop a local Snap-On or Matco tool salesman and grab one.

....or if they break up or get divorced.... Could lead to bad feelings at the least.

A guy did it over on the Moparts website. He was able to put
it back on the site and eveyone just down loaded the calander
to a disc. then just take it to your local office supply store
to have them do it up for you.
Here's the Duster from it.

Duster on the calander.jpg

Count me in for at least three One for me two for a gift's.

I proposed a similar idea to the Barracuda Owners' Group a few years back. The interest on the buyers' part was definitely there with potential for good profit, but the female membership was sadly lacking -- I couldn't come up with 11 other Cuda owner girls on the board who were willing to participate. I'm not sure what percentage of FABO members are female, but with over 10,000 there should be a dozen at least.

IF you guys decide you want girls detracting from the hot rods of course. ;-)

On another site that I frequent cbodydrydock.com they have members submit pics of just the car and they put several pics along with screen name for each pic on each month. Go check out their site they have it in their merchandise section it also was through cafe press. Members just sent their pics in throughout the year and the guy in charge over there put it together.

Just a few ideas.....

1.) each lady should have to submit a consent form (CYA) and small entry fee to off set the initial costs.... ($5.00 or $10.00) paid via paypal..??? I do not mind being the keeper of the consent forms

2.) has to be a firm date to have all pics received?
3.) moderators would have final say in who is selected?
4.) moderators would have final say in who made the cover?
5.) IMO - deadline should be 10/15/09 so moderators have 2 weeks to announce the lucky ladies who were selected ... announcement day 10/31/09 so that there is time to print for 2010
6.) should we do "pre-orders" for the calendars to see the genuine interest??
7.) pics should be tasteful since these are actual members, friends, wives etc
8.) pics do not necessarily have to be in a bikini

** if this is successful we could do this every year to raise money for site upgrades and or for helping out our members in this tough economy.

Ladies..... any other ideas..??

voting site is probably the best way to go..... good idea GTXperience

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back