FABO eBay Feed SCORE!!!!!!!

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There was a thread the other day commenting on how the powers that be were using ebay ads to help keep up the website and there were views on both sides of the subject.

This morning I woke up early (damned daylight savings) and I noticed this FABO eBay post...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=79222

I did some research and emailed the guy a couple of times and figured out that this was the EXACT kit I needed to convert my small bolt pattern drums to four wheel discs.

It is a brand new kit that was only opened to take pictures. It comes with spindles, rotors, calipers and pads already mounted. Upper control arms with new bushings and ball joints. Master cyl and proportioning valve and some lines and hoses. It comes with all the necessary brackets, calipers, pads, emergency brake cables for the rear discs. Did I mention that it has the upgraded slotted and drilled rotors on all four corners!! Basically everything I need to convert over except the labor and brake fluid! I already have the new axles waiting in the garage.

Master Power wanted over $2200 for everything included in the kit. I paid $1203 shipped!!!

So to whomever was responsible for posting that ad this morning, come to K.C. and a steak dinner and a case of beer is waiting for you!! This site is the best!!!

Really?!? 37 people have read this thread and no one was as excited as me that I saved over $1000 by buying parts off of an ad on FABO?!?!

Well this ought to piss off the haters even more. I received an email from the seller this morning saying he didn't know what happened during the auction but he originally had it set up with a buy it now of $975 and free shipping. So guess what?!? He's letting me have the whole package for $975 shippped!!!!

Thanks again FABO!!!!

Hey, if nobody takes the credit for posting that feed, I will! WOO HOO! Steak and beer!
Since I live in Jersey, you can just send me the cash instead!! :happy10:

Glad you got a great deal. NICE! Let us know how they work.

If I know who the guy is behind the fabo ebay feed will that get me the staek dinner. I promise to buy my own beer.

BrianT,
That was a good score. I really haven't been paying attention to those feeds but maybe I need to.

Brian I think you have already done what you can when you went to gold membership and by checking the e bay feed guy's ad's,Glad you scored what you needed! :cheers:

Backtobasics, I'll let you know what weekend I'm going to start installing all these parts and your more than welcome to come over and help. Steaks and beers afterwards. Well, maybe a few during!

I've bought a couple of items off of ebay posted on FABO. I've bought things I wouldn't have thought of searching for on ebay. Thanks

Backtobasics, I'll let you know what weekend I'm going to start installing all these parts and your more than welcome to come over and help. Steaks and beers afterwards. Well, maybe a few during!

Seriously, let me know. I don't mind helping, and wrenching. Depending on where you are, I might try to convince my buddy to bring his 69 Valiant along....I will roll the Dart Lite.

Five big heavy boxes showed up yesterday!! Four of them were the disc brake conversion that I won on eBay, the other was the front end kit I bought last weekend on sale from PST.

I have been gathering parts for the last 2 years to convert to disc and 11" drums. It looks like I am have a lot of duplicate parts that I am going to sell off this winter.

The Master Power kit comes with the lower ball joints, spindles and rotors assembled. But there was another pair of lower ball joints in the box?!? Add that to the ones that came in my PST kit, and I will have 2 sets of new lower ball joints to get rid of.

It came with a master cyl and proportioning valve, but I already bought the late model one and adapter that I want to use. So I'll have a new master cyl and a used proportioning valve to get rid of.

I already had a complete disc brake set up off of a 73 Dart including upper control arms that I won't need. The PST kit came with an idler arm and upper control arm bushings that I won't be using.

I also have a set of 11" backing plates w/shoes and hardware. Not to mention the complete 10" brakes that I have on there now and the stock sbp axles with green bearings (less than 500 miles on them).

This is not a for sale ad...yet. Just trying to wrap my head around how many parts I am going to have left over when I finish swapping things out. Look for my thread when I start the rear disc swap first. I will try to document everything so that everyone can see how easily or not it goes together!!

-
Back