FABO meet at Fall Fling!

-
Okay. I was eavesdropping on a conversation about a guy offering 20k cash right now. But I was walking away. I think for 20 it’s not too bad of a buy? It shows really nice. I’d swap a 4 speed in it immediately if I bought it. Lol
i agree, it looked really nice. i didn't get a super up close look at it but my brother wandered over there to have a peek. i asked him what the jam was and he said: it's nice, but it's not 28K nice.

he's fairly objective on car pricing.

We looked at it pretty closely, not to buy but more to critique it because he had a for sale sign in the trunk for $28k. The closer you looked the worse it got. There was rust bubbling up under the paint on the quarters, the 8-3/4 was leaking terribly, trans was leaking, and the underside of the car was quickly spray bombed. But it was a 340 dart and there’s some value there, he was just a bit ambitious in my opinion.

The Western Sport Dart was originally a 273 car E31 - LL23D9E12430
It was a A78 Western Sport Special Package

Alan

Last edited:
I thought all wss cars were 318 or /6 originally? The one mentioned above had a (claimed) 340 in it.

I screwed up and missed both the fall fling and the 75th anniversary in-n-out shindig at pomona. Stuck in Arizona, thru my own selective participation (otherwise known as lazy, lol).
At least when I get back to Cali, I can pm TT5.9MAG and meet up at Irwindale.

20231023_093539.jpg

I thought all wss cars were 318 or /6 originally? The one mentioned above had a (claimed) 340 in it.

Just swapped into this car. As was a 8 3/4 rear end.

Did it have 68-70 340 exhaust manifolds?

That demon with the soft top/roll back roof was incredible.

Well, there ya go. Pretty much debunks the “all WSS cars were 318 or /6” statements I’ve always heard.

I think people forget that the 273 was still available in 69.

Alan

Just that you could not get a 340 in a WSS. 340's were only available in Swinger 340 and GTS models in 1969.

But nonetheless, it was a very tasteful "what if" car. Kind of car that makes you double take and think about. Just like we are doing here.

I would think a 273 WSS would be a fairly rare car. Wonder what the numbers are on production.

I would think a 273 WSS would be a fairly rare car. Wonder what the numbers are on production.

I used to see them around. Even in junk yards. It's just a sticker on the quarter panel.

So if the car got one repaint in it's life, the only way to tell is the Fender Tag or take a guess at the options then confirm with the fender tag.

I'm sure we've seen more of them than we realize.

In 1968 they had a Sport Special package. Which was a trim package. That one had a 3"x2" badge on front fender. I've seen those on post/sedan cars.

They had White Hat Special too. I think in 1969 too?

They can’t be all that common. I’ve seen numbers of ~1500 produced. That’s darts only, is that figure wrong?

-
Back