Fabo Sellers

-
Lol. Well that's just the stupidest thing I've heard. So the newest members are the scammers, is that the conclusion on this forum? you have to be cyber veteran to matter on this forum and be respected? LMAF, to the max!!!

I think what they are trying to say that is if you are an "older" member that has been here for a while, you should have some feedback score to use as a gauge. If the members are new, chances are that there is no feedback for them and you are taking a bigger chance dealing with them than an established member with some feedback/history to go off of...

Some people just use the site to join and sell their stuff. some of them trying to ask extra high prices as this site has their target market and they try to inflate the prices.

But that isn't a for sure thing. There is a thread going on right now on a guy who ripped someone off that signed up around 2010....

You need to ask the right questions, and feel out the seller to see if you feel comfortable dealing with him, estabilshed with feedback or not. If not, move on to the next one for sale, even if it will take a while - better later than ripped off...

I think what they are trying to say that is if you are an "older" member that has been here for a while, you should have some feedback score to use as a gauge. If the members are new, chances are that there is no feedback for them and you are taking a bigger chance dealing with them than an established member with some feedback/history to go off of...

Some people just use the site to join and sell their stuff. some of them trying to ask extra high prices as this site has their target market and they try to inflate the prices.

But that isn't a for sure thing. There is a thread going on right now on a guy who ripped someone off that signed up around 2010....

You need to ask the right questions, and feel out the seller to see if you feel comfortable dealing with him, estabilshed with feedback or not. If not, move on to the next one for sale, even if it will take a while - better later than ripped off...

Thanks krazy, I take things literal. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

That pretty much IS the norm, so, no it's not "stupid"

It seems to have a trend there.

Although, I bought some Crane Gold roller rockers from a noob, and the transaction went flawlessly.

I had to take the chance for the price.

I haven't had a bad transaction on here at all.

Gotta give a shout out to Tony "whitepunkonnitro!" Multiple positive transactions with great communication and fast shipping. I have a transaction with him right now:)

You are spot on Karl, thanks for the post.

Thanks. I just don't want the new guys to feel that they are not welcome or discriminated against.

I'm sure that there are many good people that just discover the site and join. But then there are the "flippers" who are just here for the free ad, make a quick buck, and run...

It is our own responsibility to screen who we buy things from before sending our money. We can 't just blindly send it out, then expect the moderators to fix it for us. They can't do anything, it's our problem.

When I buy parts with money orders, I always send them with tracking and a signature required. That way the seller can not deny that he got the money, he or someone at his house signed for it. It also makes sure that the money order gets to him and not lost in the mail. If it's lost in the mail, the tracking will show it.

If I pay for the parts with Paypal: If the seller doesn't request the fees, then I just send what we agreed on for parts and shipping. If he won't cover the fees, or asks to send it as a gift to avoid the fees, then I send it as a regular transaction and cover the fees - it's worth the few extra $$$ to have the protection. (Scammers like to talk you into going with the "gift" to strip you of the protection - if they keep insisting on the gift, be cautious. An honest seller won't mind if you cover the fees.)

Too many times on these "ripped-off" thread some of the victims state, "I knew better than to send it that way..." or "I sensed something was wrong, but wanted the part so bad, I went along with it..." #-o

If you have any doubts, listen to them. :???:

I also like to request that the parts be sent to me with insurance. I don't mind covering the shipping cost for tracking and insurance - it protects both parties. If the part gets lost or damaged in shipping, then the money gets refunded. If there is no insurance, the shipper says, "too bad" and then you and the seller get to fight out who eats the cost. This will never end well, just buy the insurance and be covered. It's worth $5 more to be covered.

At least this way the buyer gets his money back, but unfortunately has to find another part somewhere else. But money wise, nobody is shorted. If there is no insurance on the shipping, then someone has to eat the cost of the part. It's worth the few bucks to avoid this situation.

Like anywhere else, you have to watch what you do with your money and who you trust with it. It's very easy to get taken over the internet... :twisted:

And newbies are welcome here, hopefully they will stick around and make some friends, have some fun, and learn and teach us a few things. It just takes some time to get to know them... :D

Hey

Just wanted to bump the post with a big thanks to Lee Robinson. I conducted 2 transactions with him lately with requests completely off-the-classifieds. No ad was posted here in FABO, and they were parts I was asking for directly. He responded with decent pictures, accurate descriptions, but best of all, he shipped me some glass, and it arrived SAFE. He is running interior parts ads right now, and I can tell you first hand, he won't dissapoint you!

I'm doing this because there were no "ads", and I could not feedback him due to no "deal-url".

David

I only deal with long time members!

A rule I try to follow also. Worked so far. Below are two I trust.
oldmanmopar/Steve
wags/Curtis Youmans
Like Rani, if I forget you sorry!!!!

-
Back