FABO turns into Chat Room

-

haole

Reaction score
Parts for Sale is Parts for sale. Either buy it or pass. It seems that everyone has too put in their two cents, make comments or have opinions on someone selling a Car or Parts for sale. If you don't have a life, get one. Maybe FABO can add a chat room for the lonely members that need to express themselves. Sorry, Just venting ........................

Parts for Sale is Parts for sale. Either buy it or pass. It seems that everyone has too put in their two cents, make comments or have opinions on someone selling a Car or Parts for sale. If you don't have a life, get one. Maybe FABO can add a chat room for the lonely members that need to express themselves. Sorry, Just venting ........................

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2

I post on alot of them just cause it's fun. Plus I like to aggrevate......What you selling??? Just messing around.

I joined Jan 2 2010. Look at how many posts already....

see the "chat" in the home row list. While there are often comments that need not be on a "parts sale/wanted" thread..... its going to happen. With as many people that are on this site...its just going to happen.

-RPM

Amen, if you don't have anything nice to say, butt the hell out.

If the guy wants to sell a hard to find part for a million bucks, more power to him if someone has the money and wants it bad enough.

That is the one thing I like from another, not too popular. mopar site. It is the fact that for sale ads are for (ads only) with no reply's permitted.

Each ad is pigglybacked with another ad from someone else.
The two pic limit is rediculous but it keeps the ad from turning into a soap opera with people sticking their foot in their mouth with rediculous comments that may hurt the chances of a sale which is usually the intent.

If you are interested in a part, simply PM the seller instead of jacking the thread with dumb questions or comments.
The only down side to that is the seller can sell it to anyone he wants regardless of who asked for it first, which is in the seller's best interest also especially if he does not want to sell it to the first guy that asked for it so he can't come back and cry bloody murder because he got passed over and jumps up and down screaming "I asked first!" LOL.

Amen, if you don't have anything nice to say, butt the hell out.

If the guy wants to sell a hard to find part for a million bucks, more power to him if someone has the money and wants it bad enough.

That is the one thing I like from another, not too popular. mopar site. It is the fact that for sale ads are for (ads only) with no reply's permitted.

Each ad is pigglybacked with another ad from someone else.
The two pic limit is rediculous but it keeps the ad from turning into a soap opera with people sticking their foot in their mouth with rediculous comments that may hurt the chances of a sale which is usually the intent.

If you are interested in a part, simply PM the seller instead of jacking the thread with dumb questions or comments.
The only down side to that is the seller can sell it to anyone he wants regardless of who asked for it first, which is in the seller's best interest also especially if he does not want to sell it to the first guy that asked for it so he can't come back and cry bloody murder because he got passed over and jumps up and down screaming "I asked first!" LOL.

x2

maybe you should post your parts, cars in Spanish?

your post would be left alone....... 8)

Was wondering when this would come up again....

IMHO For Sale Ads should only be placed in the For Sale section and members not be allowed to comment on the ad.

Enough said

Plumcrazy 101

please feel free to comment on my ads. i believe any publicity is good publicity. I also apreciate the bumps. I,m not scared of any comments someone can make because I price things fair and am not too proud to haggle.

sometimes the comments act as bumps. Sometimes I can sell things to the people that have commented. There is good and bad to it. It also (as has been said) kinda allows the real purchasers to put there foot in line when they post stuff like " p.m. sent " which to me allows me to see who is in line first, second... etc.. I dont know that there is a real answer to this. What I do know is that this thread will get quite large with redundency.

please feel free to comment on my ads. i believe any publicity is good publicity. I also apreciate the bumps. I,m not scared of any comments someone can make because I price things fair and am not too proud to haggle.

you posted just as I was.... EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING !

-RPM

I agree witcha!:cheers:

Amen Pete! I don't often post things for sale here (except for my services, which I try to keep mostly low-key except for the monthly special announcements) but I do enjoy answering questions and providing more information in public if someone asks me something. There's no such thing as bad advertising, and any kind of negative, "crack alert" or adverse comments generated tend to keep us all honest for the most part.

Somewhat along these lines ... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...842&highlight=unnamed+parts+seller#post800842

I go both ways on this one.

If a part comes up you want and you post first wanting to buy then there is a line of posters that can come in to also get in line. If there is one at another site and you are 6 down the list you would know that your chances are slim for the one on FABO so you could buy the other one instead of getting neither. Some people can't sit on FABO all day to recieve PMs so the deals would also slow down waiting for different parties to return PMs.

Should that rule be put in then the no bump rule also needs to be added.

I did look at the other site and I sure didn't see many posts the sellers edited if the item was sold so who knows what is available?

In my opinion FABO is the best Mopar site on the planet so that means it must work for most people.

I dont think we need to be like (another) site. Most here who have been here a while are pretty happy with the status quo.Its why we come back every day.

I agree.....

If your not interested,or not going to buy.....Move On !!!!

I dont think we need to be like (another) site. Most here who have been here a while are pretty happy with the status quo.Its why we come back every day.

Agreed,
The only problem I have is people jacking for sale threads to start problems.
Have some respect.

I guess I'm old school.

Hey Haole! Stirin the pot again huh? Long time no hear. Come around more often eh!

I guess everyone has an opinion...they just want to express it on the parts for sale area....

Good luck sellin whatever it is your selling!

Aloha Mike

I have dun it "Chat" in threads It's just easier for me, But you can bet it was not any negative related questions, It is hard for some folks to use the chat room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX222222222222222222222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CudaChick1968
Amen Pete! I don't often post things for sale here (except for my services, which I try to keep mostly low-key except for the monthly special announcements) but I do enjoy answering questions and providing more information in public if someone asks me something. There's no such thing as bad advertising, and any kind of negative, "crack alert" or adverse comments generated tend to keep us all honest for the most part.

Once again, Leanna's hit the nail on the head!!!! That must be why I like her so much!!! :)

Seems like there have beeen alot of unhappy people lately on how how this site operates......If it ain't broke, don't fix it........just say'n.

-
Back