fabracated valve covers and header evap

-

oktire

oktire
Reaction score
So here is the question. I just built a 499 and ave about 25 passes on the motor and the pan gasket started to leak. i have the breathers hooked up to the exhaust. Just wondering if anybody has had a problum with the baffels in the valve covers being to close and not letting the evap system work. by the time the breathers are in the valve covers they must almost be touching. any help will be greatfull.

Drill holes in the sides of the tube on the bottom of the breather that protrudes into the valve cover.

That way it won't be blocking itself off on the baffle.

I took the baffles out...

but drilling some holes would probably work too....

No baffles . and use baffled breathers. You are using aspirators at the header I hope?

I saw a guy just weld tubes in the headers and hook up hoses. He blew most of the gaskets and seals out of the motor.

evac

No baffles . and use baffled breathers. You are using aspirators at the header I hope?

I saw a guy just weld tubes in the headers and hook up hoses. He blew most of the gaskets and seals out of the motor.

evac

Yes I'm using aspirators. But Im not sure if the breathers are baffled I will have to look I bought the evac kit from jegs I will look at the breathers when I get home tonight. Again thanks for the help.

Does the car have mufflers? Do you know what the opening point (how much vacuum is required) is for the valves?

You may want to find that out. Maybe call the supplier or something. You can get ones that open with less or more signal. It all depends on what you're doing and how far you want to look. You will also want to make sure the stamp-out in the base of the breather is open far enough, and it couldn't hurt to do a leakdown on the motor too - just to be sure it's nothing internal.

-
Back