Fabricated Valve Covers

-

EXcappa

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

As the title says I'm looking for a decent set of the fabricated aluminium valve covers that will clear roller rockers and won't leak.
Hopefully quality without breaking the bank.
Has anyone used a set they could recommend thanks.

no help here, but expect this thread to be moved to the "parts wanted" section (its down low, in the for sale section)

are you looking for a set for an LA motor or a magnum?

I just googled them and came up with a long list.

I'd choose a reputable brand and give it a whirl. They are probably all made by the same place anyhow.

I used a set from KMJ Performance in Ames Iowa. Fit well, looked nice, and didn't leak. They were less then $80 and arrived in a couple days

0201172110.jpg

Hi Gents,

As the title says I'm looking for a decent set of the fabricated aluminium valve covers that will clear roller rockers and won't leak.
Hopefully quality without breaking the bank.
Has anyone used a set they could recommend thanks.

That depends on the heads you have, as the factory style cast iron heads are not flat along the cover rail.
They arch front to back, and I had to get creative about the gaskets.
I have a set just like dartish and aside from that issue on my stock headed 318 they fit and sealed on my Magnum with the machined rails really well.
I got them on here for 60 bucks, and the grommets at Autozone on the help wall.

MagnumswapLA.jpg

I have anodized Blue,roller tipped only, aluminum arms, on my LA 360. I bought those at the Mopar dealer back in 99. They cleared under my vintage (circa 1970) M/T aluminum cast covers no problem, with reuseable gaskets. Hyup, I had to adjust the top rails also, to clear the AG runners.
The arms under the breather baffles did tic on the tin tho, so hyup,I had to adjust that too,lol.

i went the other way, i trimmed the lips of the intake because i could see me switching valve covers more then intakes

-
Back