1. 694spd

694spd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    I have been wondering about being able to use a piece of conduit for an arbor in the past.
    Just one question about the size I will need to get.
    Are you using the 3/4" thin wall EMT conduit which has a .922" OD or are you using the thick wall RMC conduit which has a 1.050" OD ?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. weedburner

weedburner Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    Good data is important when tuning an adjustable for a combination of clutch slip and wheelspeed, but with a 'tamer controlling the hit launches are dead hook so you can ballpark the clutch with just a tach. Also no need for an expensive adjustable clutch for clutch assisted shifts, 'tamer will soften those as well. With the clutch hits softened, a 23spl will take a lot more power than you might think.

Some might call the 'tamer a cheap band-aid, but there are some very successful NHRA class racers using $169 'tamers to control their Black Magic Nexgens and Boninfante's. One of them even took home a Wally at last year's US Nationals.

Grant

3. LO23M8B

LO23M8B Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Dam that's nice. I never heard of them before. Old and still learning. Thanks.

4. 68 HEMI GTS

68 HEMI GTS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I was just starting to get a handle my slipper clutch when this happened to mine.. 700hp @ 3800#

7D28BDDF-1689-4B7D-A6AF-287E2EC53AE2.jpeg

5. LO23M8B

Local Time:
    Thank you. I'd really like to run a stick but I plan N/A 850 to 900 then later add 500-600 nos. so a liberty or something is probably what I need. What do you think? And how much?

6. 19DART66

19DART66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Check out some pictures of the WarFish SS/HA 68 Cuda from a few years back. A 4spd car that was setting records and beating up on the SS/HA class at the time. It had big Jerico decals on the rear quarters, and Super Stock Hemi's make well in excess of a thousand horse power. A Jerico DR-4 will run 5 to 7 grand depending on options, about 2500.00 for the right clutch and flywheel, and another 800 to a grand for the bellhousing. But dam it's fun shifting a stick car down the track. Good Luck with your endeavors.
    P.S. these are around the going price for new, if you can find good used parts you can cut a lot off those prices. Even an inexpensive used adjustable slipper clutch can be sent back and be rebuilt to your specs for about a third the cost of new. I bought a refreshed, spare DR-4 from a stock eliminator racer for 2 grand and for around 200.00 plus shipping strait from Jerico i bought an 18 spline Mopar input shaft and bearing retainer and received the full history on the trans.

7. yellow rose

yellow rose Overnight Sensation FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    If he’s not limited to 4 gears why do it? 5 is always quicker.

8. LO23M8B

Local Time:
    5 sounds good as some tracks are 1/8 and others are 1/4. If anyone as any good used stuff keep me in mind please. A new turbo 400, case and convertor will be 7-8k. So at this point it's going to be what I can get for a fair $.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.