factory 4 speed 4 door valiant

-
Dang! I'd love to have that car... so cool. Can't be many of the those left on the road.

It's cool that it's a V8 car and all, but it'd be even cooler if it was a slant 6.....and they made some, too.

Pretty funny that the guy was looking for the automatic dip stick on the driver's side! :rofl:

Pretty funny that the guy was looking for the automatic dip stick on the driver's side! :rofl:
I noticed that too. I think he just did it because the camera was on that side....but he could have easily done it on the correct side. lol

He already knew it was a four speed but it was a bit of a gotcha moment.

a 273 is not the first Mopar small block either. The poly 318 is a small block too, as well as the earlier engines such as the 301 and 277. It's just the heads are bigger than the LA engines. The blocks themselves dimensionally measure the same as the LA blocks. Also, the 273 4bbl is not a "Super" Commando 273....just a Commando 273 (or Charger 273 in a Dart). Last I checked, AMD does not make a floor pan for the '66 and earlier A-bodies.....ones that fit anyway. I've talked with some guys who have bought them, and all of them said that by the time you modify them to fit, they would have preferred to have just make one from scratch with a flat piece of steel instead. There is a company that does reproduce the floor pans however.....their name slips my mind at the moment....when my senior moment is over, I'll post the name!

Around the one minute mark he explains the 273 comment and mentions the 318 poly

a 273 is not the first Mopar small block either. The poly 318 is a small block too, as well as the earlier engines such as the 301 and 277. It's just the heads are bigger than the LA engines. The blocks themselves dimensionally measure the same as the LA blocks. Also, the 273 4bbl is not a "Super" Commando 273....just a Commando 273 (or Charger 273 in a Dart). Last I checked, AMD does not make a floor pan for the '66 and earlier A-bodies.....ones that fit anyway. I've talked with some guys who have bought them, and all of them said that by the time you modify them to fit, they would have preferred to have just make one from scratch with a flat piece of steel instead. There is a company that does reproduce the floor pans however.....their name slips my mind at the moment....when my senior moment is over, I'll post the name!
I got the rear pans for my 64 from Auto Body Specialties and they fit great.

-
Back