Factory console shifter handle parts

-

Telecommbrkr

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1972 Plymouth Valiant Scamp with factory buckets/console 727 auto/340

It has the shifter handle with the wood-grain push-button knob. The cable piece that is connected to the push-button was seized inside the tube and it was damaged while I was freeing it from the handle. I found a parts page and the part is: PAWL 21-30-353

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? I can drive the car but no reverse lockout mechanism with out this part!

00Lever01.jpg
20190416_164103.jpg

That's not a part #, that's a ref #. Go to mymopar.com and download a proper parts manual and get proper part #. May as well get a service manual while you're at it.
Welcome aboard, good luck.

I don't think aftermarket produces this shifter cable. I sold the only spare OEM cable I had to another member a few weeks ago. Try a piece of nylon all thread in its place.

It would be easier finding a used shifter on this site. I you had a shifter with a good cable would you take it out to sell? I have seen nice shifters sell from $20-$100 depending on who has one and the condition.

I just bought a whole shifter and console assembly for my Duster for $100. It needed would grain and paint and some elbow grease but It ended up looking OK.

DSCN0015.JPG

DSCN1218.JPG

DSCN1231.JPG

DSCN1263.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be easier finding a used shifter on this site. I you had a shifter with a good cable would you take it out to sell? I have seen nice shifters sell from $20-$100 depending on who has one and the condition.

I just bought a whole shifter and console assembly for my Duster for $100. It needed would grain and paint and some elbow grease but It ended up looking OK.

Wow! You got a steal of a deal on that!

-
Back