Factory dual hood scoop hole location photo request

-

ACME SS

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 71 Dodge Demon and I am ready to cut the holes for the two rubber donuts. I noticed by the arc cut out of the under-hood support that they are kinda close to the inside edge of the dual scoops. I was wondering if anyone had a FACTORY cut hole in their hood, if you could please post a picture of it so I can see how much space is left, if any, between the rubber seal and the under-hood support cut-out? Measure twice, cut once!
Thank you in advance! Jerry

Let me look for my data sheet on location

20190827_170425.jpg

Hi there, I have a 71 Dodge Demon and I am ready to cut the holes for the two rubber donuts. I noticed by the arc cut out of the under-hood support that they are kinda close to the inside edge of the dual scoops. I was wondering if anyone had a FACTORY cut hole in their hood, if you could please post a picture of it so I can see how much space is left, if any, between the rubber seal and the under-hood support cut-out? Measure twice, cut once!
Thank you in advance! Jerry

It looks like that hood is not a dual scoop hood for a 70-72 it is a scoop for 73 and up. This is my 72 with a 73 scoop.

1677709444608.png

I think his pic above is about as good as it gets. Here's my 71 Demon 340's hood - it came originally with the dual scoops. Those are DMT grommets for the holes.

20220513_182153.jpg

If I may make a suggestion, get a couple different sizes of hole saws and practice on some scrap material. I used DMT grommets which I believe are a little smaller than the alleged factory 4 1/8" diameter holes.

If I may make a suggestion, get a couple different sizes of hole saws and practice on some scrap material. I used DMT grommets which I believe are a little smaller than the alleged factory 4 1/8" diameter holes.
I took this picture for another thread that was on here the other day but related to the size. This is the DMT sitting on my 4-1/8 lennox hole saw. I will do a practice hole like you suggest but replace the bit with a rod once it drills through. A member suggested that on the other thread and I have done that before but had forgot the trick.

image0[5125].jpeg

The thick part of the gaskets go up towards the scoop. It's to keep water from running in to the top of the Motor. If for some reason the car EVER! saw water. 95% of people have them upside down.

4FD6251D-6929-46C4-9BF2-C4FE983519CF.jpeg

3A7A8229-ECA0-43C9-B2B8-85D586AB7EB7.jpeg
This is my template a cutoff from a rotted Dart Sport factory hood scoop hood I was going to post sooner but it looks like you got enough info… but I have to say it works great lay it on top of the hood and mark the holes. And yes that radius at the back is the actual radius of these hoods.

-
Back