factory parts for installing the Hemi...

-
is there a PN for the mopar pan? Also does it require that dipstick or can you use the stock one?

The part number is P5153643. It fits with no problem lots of clearance. I never tried the factory dip stick i just used the one that came with the pan.Since then i have used the Milodon twice and it fits the same. Except it uses a factory dip stick on the driver side of the block. We ended up using a dipstick from a 2005 Grand Cherokee. You can see the handle in the pic. The pan is about 1/4" above the K Frame.

Attachments

• 0511102240resize.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 346
The part number is P5153643. It fits with no problem lots of clearance. I never tried the factory dip stick i just used the one that came with the pan.Since then i have used the Milodon twice and it fits the same. Except it uses a factory dip stick on the driver side of the block. We ended up using a dipstick from a 2005 Grand Cherokee. You can see the handle in the pic. The pan is about 1/4" above the K Frame.

I tried to buy that pan and was told it was discontinued, I bought the Canton pan which is exactly the same only made out of aluminum instead of steel.

il call the dealer that I get comercial pricing through and see what they say. If it's available and I can get it a little cheaper I'll go that route if not milidon here I come......

one more question is the pick up included?

That is the milodon pan you can tell by the construction and the dipstick mount. That stuff is usually made for mopar by someone.

That is the milodon pan you can tell by the construction and the dipstick mount. That stuff is usually made for mopar by someone.

true. But since I get good pricing from the loca dealer and could possibly get it cheaper from them. I have no hook up on the milidon so we will see. It's boils down to who is cheaper for me.

true. But since I get good pricing from the loca dealer and could possibly get it cheaper from them. I have no hook up on the milidon so we will see. It's boils down to who is cheaper for me.
Well feel free to share that deal if you get it cause I still need a pan too. I'd also like to see how the jeep oil filter adapter works with my mounts.

the k frame was not the issue. It's the steering that was the issue. And unfortunately I did not get any pic. I have the torsion bars out of the car so the car was really low. We had a hard time just looking under it to see why the motor would not slide back any further. If your replacing the steering it should not be an issue to use the durango or the truck pan.
Would converting to "certain" years Dakota rack and pinion, make the pan issue , go away ? "Kevco" make a pan ? ateam8)

03ramit1 do you have a way to get me a factory part number on the jeep oil filter adapter?

GDemon can you shoot a picture of the oil filter adapter to motor mount clearance with the jeep filter adapter?

The oil filter adapter is Part # 53013680AD it lists for $90.10. The 2009 and up hemi take a different oil filter so just make sure which one you have. The newer one uses a larger thread.

I had to trim the motor mount its self for clearance for the oil filter adapter. I dont have a pic of it but i just cut enough clearance to clear the bolt.

03ramit1 do you have a way to get me a factory part number on the jeep oil filter adapter?

GDemon can you shoot a picture of the oil filter adapter to motor mount clearance with the jeep filter adapter?

The only difference I seen between the Mopar pan and the Milodon was the Milodon pan used the factory dipstick. The Milodon pan came out about 2 years after the Mopar pan so maybe it was a engineering change.

Gdemon,

THAT IS SWEET! nice wagon... I really like it. What is the intake from? Or is it custom?

JOE

I think he meant he modified the stock k-frame, not the TTI mounts.

well I looked into the mopar oilpan today. There is 1 in the country that still shows up as being available retail it's just over 500. It's in califonia at a dealer called glendora CJD. I'll buy the milidon pan instead. I could get the mopar one but my price was still double the cost of the milidon so that's pointless. The jeep oil filter adapter can be had online through earnhardt dodge for 66 and some change. Hope this helps someone.

one more hold up on my build. I attempted to get the tti motor mounts today, and found out that tti is closed until the 3rd. And noone stocks the spool mount style motor mounts anywere in the country. I spent several hours calling every distributer for tti, and even several that are not listed on their site, and no one has any. I really wanted to drop the motor in this weekend. But I guess that's not goin to happen. Loks like I'll be building a dana60 and swapping out a k member this weekend.

one more hold up on my build. I attempted to get the tti motor mounts today, and found out that tti is closed until the 3rd. And noone stocks the spool mount style motor mounts anywere in the country. I spent several hours calling every distributer for tti, and even several that are not listed on their site, and no one has any. I really wanted to drop the motor in this weekend. But I guess that's not goin to happen. Loks like I'll be building a dana60 and swapping out a k member this weekend.
That sucks dude.

That sucks dude.
yeah it does but such is life. I gotta have the rear suspension done and the cage fully welded by feb so I can get the cage certified otherwise it won't get done until dec 2011. And we have a k member to swap out and a rear axle to build before the suspension (ladder bars) can be done, but the axle can't go in until I know the location of the trans output shaft. So we will build the axle and get the k member swapped this weekend. And we will be ready to build the rear suspension the followin weekend. Once the motor mounts arrive at the end of next week.

but what pan can be used with the stock k frame?

I´ve bought the mil - and it works great with a stock k frame. Lots of clearence arround the frame and the steering - compared to all the clearence issues on a build like this :)
6.1 Hemi 67 Barracuda coupé.

-
Back